• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Forecast for Colorado

BenedictGomez

No worries powder arriving in 7-10 days! I promise.

No matter either way. I knew what I was potentially getting myself into booking Colorado in mid-April, so even if I only get to experience spring skiing out there, I will be totally understanding and fine with it. Just so long as I dont get a week of rain I'll be happy.

Heading out Friday and can't wait to spend my days skiing up in the mountains, coming down to the condo in Cottonwood Heights, putting on my swim suit, making a cocktail and hitting the hot tub with out having to worry about bundling up.

That sounds great, I might have to try that. Last year I stayed a week in Park City, and it was awesome. But the first two days we stayed in Cottonwood Heights and it was mid-60s and we saw people golfing in shorts and tee-shirts, then in less than a 1/2-hour drive it was bombing snow at Snowbird. Very strange to see as I'd never experienced that kind of climate change in probably just a 25 minute drive before.

MadMadWorld

Did someone say blowtorch?
ae6221a3570875838540cb67a1586ab4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using AlpineZone mobile app

xwhaler

And you enjoyed an amazing stretch while we got torched, jealousy is an ugly thing! Hope A-Basin makes it to July this year!

It's all a gamble, just glad I didn't spring for a seasons pass like last I did last year. Still really enjoy ARL nights at Crotched with the AZ team this year.
+1 to fun times with AZ ARL. Already looking forward to next season!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

jimk

Benedict, I agree with 4APrice. April is a gorgeous time to be in CO with low crowds and low prices. Bring the right attitude and you're gonna have a good time! The weather is usually very friendly, although my son and I were there one April for some amazing powder days at A-Basin and Copper. Another time I spent 30 days living and skiing in Summit County, CO in the spring of 2015. It was warm and mostly snowless for a month. Nonetheless, I had a frigging great time. While others were complaining about the lack of fresh snow, from my mid-Atlantic perspective I thought it was superb spring ski conditions the whole time. Sleep-in, hit slopes about 1030AM when things soften. Dress lightly. Slather on sunblock. Boogie the friendly bumps. Crack a cold one about 2PM. Then arc soft groomers the last hour or two. Cook dinner on an outdoor grill early in the evening. Repeat day after day. Beach bumming on snow:) You can do the same in spring at Killington, Sugarloaf or throughout New England, but in CO there are little/no rainy days or surprise cold snaps to mess up the mellow spring pattern. If Colorado's 300 days a year of sunshine is a myth, it's not far from reality.

Enough. I will stay off the CO/UT skier's paradise theme for a while:)