Colorado Blow Torch - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sounds like Colorado is toast.

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Pre-Coffee, not dense......

And winter can come back in an instance. Was at Breck 3 years ago in mid April - 20" total with a 15" pow day.

I was there in Breck for that exact storm and it was my single best day of that year...the day it fell

I've skied Telluride, Wolf Creek, Purgatory and even Hesperus this weekend and all are hanging on. It's super warm but the base is holding.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalmountainskier View Post
    I've skied Telluride, Wolf Creek, Purgatory and even Hesperus this weekend and all are hanging on. It's super warm but the base is holding.
    I'll be at Telluride next Monday and Tuesday. Thinking it might be like skiing a great big mountain with Eastern conditions at the worst. Never been there. If you'd like to elaborate on your Telluride experience I'm all ears!

Where is the guest of honor?

Sent from my SM-N910V using AlpineZone mobile app

I was at A Basin and when I left there on Friday afternoon around 3 it was 45 degrees. Things stayed firm until late 11 ish. There is a lot of snow there and East Wall was skiing great. Montezuma Bowl skied well too. There is still a lot of snow there.

Now we skied Breck today and it hit a high atbthe base of 57. The sun was strong. The snow at the base was very soft while bump runs up high did not soften up until early afternoon. We ski Peak 6 over to Peak 7 bowl and the snow there was soft but snow is plentiful across all peaks. We did find out that Vail is shutting down some runs where grass is coming through. We also found out that Breck will begin shutting down peaks in early April and full shut down will now be April 16th. That is a week earlier than scheduled. Breck did have some thin spots and brownish snow is starting to appear. A system coming in will start as light rain on Wednesday and switch over to a more significant snow event on Thursday as much as 10 inches. Two other systems are predicted by the end of March. It will be borderline below 9000 feet.

That being said the tops of many mountains where wind has been an issue are bare on South facing sides.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

And the deluge for the DLague!
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

You know that you guys are just coming across as being jealous, right?

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    You know that you guys are just coming across as being jealous, right?
    Your sarcasm meter needs adjustment. All these guys skied with Dlague at Cannon last year. They are busting balls

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Your sarcasm meter needs adjustment. All these guys skied with Dlague at Cannon last year. They are busting balls
    [/URL]
    Oh. Well in that case it's over-played. I guess it may have been funny the first time or two - at least if you were one of the couple people on the inside of the joke.

Thread Information