• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fat Lady Thread 2017

eatskisleep

Quick edit I put together from a couple of weeks ago at the Superstar Glacier!

Jcb890

Killington opening 1 last day tomorrow with free lift tickets.

Anyone going up? I'm thinking about it.

dlague

Looking at the webcam, the cover looks quite thin and dirty at the "S" turn.

You think it looks thin there? Try looking higher up where the flats are - there are narrow and thin sections of snow connecting the islands of snow. I imagine those will get skied out quickly. But hey - they made it right?

June1stSS.jpg

Make sure to used a good base cleaner after skiing!

dlague

Besides a free t-shirt - another reason to get there early!

From their conditions report.

Please note that we will not be pushing snow to the load and unload of Superstar Express, so guests will be required to walk to and from the lift and carry equipment on the chair. There may be additional walking required as the snow melts throughout the day.

My guess is on the flats.

Jcb890

Haha oh boy! I wasn't sure where to look other than the Superstar webcam. That looks pretty ugly. I may not bother...

dlague

From the webcam it looks like they groomed and pushed snow into the corner?

Looks like they groomed the whole trail again because the S looks better today than yesterday and snow does not look as dirty. My guess is they improved things higher up too. Does not appear bumped based on how people are skiing except for spots on the edges. I have to say it is pretty awesome to see for June 1st. I have to hand it to Killington staff that managed the snow making and the trail maintenance - well done. Nice to have Mother Nature help out in some respects.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Kind of weird as it coincided with the closing of the lift served season in the East, but I had my first ski related dream in awhile last night. Freak early October storm in Northern VT of about 8" of snow and MRG decided to spin the single. Only thing open was Catamount bowl to Antelope. Reasonably good skiing up top fading to fast grass at the bottom with a muddy walk out the traverse back to the single.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app