• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fat Lady Thread 2017

WWF-VT

Depressing ...Mt Ellen's last day for the season was today and it was awesome spring skiing with 100% of the terrain open.

Jully

Depressing ...Mt Ellen's last day for the season was today and it was awesome spring skiing with 100% of the terrain open.

Always sad when that happens. Similar at Ragged today. Near 100% (only 1 glade was closed) and they're done. Today was also JAMMED. Busiest I'd personally seen it all year. Very surprised they're not extending one more weekend.

Rushski

^Ragged was amazing yesterday. With nearly all of the glades open, it really transforms to a much better ski area... There was a petition going around to extend it a weekend, but with them running out of beer and knowing the crowds will die doubt they will try to extend.

Terry

Shawnee Peak is done for the season. Awesome last weekend and very busy. Tons of snow left. Will have to climb for turns now.

Glenn

Lots of places have good coverage for April. Weather this upcoming week doesn't look so friendly. Sigh.

Pez

Yesterday was Ski Butternut's last day. I was there on Saturday and there was still plenty of snow.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

catsup948

Berkshire East trying for another day, Saturday April 8th! I'd love to see it happen. Rain this week doesn't look promising though.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

Forecast for SoVT shows lots of rain..I wonder if they can make it.
As long as it's not 2 weeks straight of rain and temps never dropping below 50 degrees, they've got what appears to be enough snow on their core trails to make Easter Sunday.

Today's weather, and Thursday's as well if it's all liquid and nothing frozen, will likely eliminate any natural snow trails, and some of the secondary snowmaking trails as well....

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

WJenness

I was at Sunapee on Sunday.

Longest lines I have waited in all year.

I got there at about 7:30 and got a good spot in the main lot.

When I left at about 1:30, every spot in the main lot, lot 2, and possibly lot 3 was full.

There were cars parked bumper to bumper on both sides of the access road all the way to the main road.

"People don't ski in April."

Except at Sunapee apparently.

I did talk to someone on the lift who said it was pretty dead there on Saturday... But Sunday was anything but.

Oh, and next weekend is it. They are closing on Sunday 4/10.

Last edited:

SIKSKIER

The blowtorch will start next week with temps in the 70's.After the heavy rain coming Thursday I would imagine things will look pretty different than today.It goes fast.