Mad River Glen this weekend - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec142 View Post
    Be honest. Would you drive 5.5 hours to ski at SB/Stowe this weekend given the anticipated conditions. Add to the fact pattern that I probably won't get to ski again this season so this could be the last hurrah. Might have a shot at skiing the second weekend of April (Tremblant) but don't know for sure.
    NOAA forecast for Sugarbush/MRG

I was considering Gore this weekend, but if it warms up and there is liquid falling I will stay home. Hoping to ski Tucks mid-April and that will be it for this season.
    form is a 4 letter word

Quote Originally Posted by mikec142 View Post
    Be honest. Would you drive 5.5 hours to ski at SB/Stowe this weekend given the anticipated conditions. Add to the fact pattern that I probably won't get to ski again this season so this could be the last hurrah. Might have a shot at skiing the second weekend of April (Tremblant) but don't know for sure.
    I was at Tremblant last year closing weekend and it was pretty sweet. Nice soft perfectly spaced bumps all over the place. Now they had an above average winter up there last year and weather was 60 and sunny both days. So that helped. Not sure how they made out this winter

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    MRG < Sugarbush < Stowe < Smuggler's Notch < Jay Peak

Right now.

Though I imagine between Stowe, Smugg's, and JP it's probably not dramatically different.
    I will put up my trip reports shortly, but this is pretty accurate.

We skied Bolton Saturday- loads left in the trees, LOADS. Probably due to the low angle and most folks not skiing trees there.
    Sunday was Jay. Lots there. Little scrappy in the woods off Jet, but the Zoomer side (beaver pond, everglade, etc) and Vahala woods off the tram were fantastic.

Monday was MRG. Should've went earlier. Still had fun, but if I had skied there before and previously had the experience of the institution, we probably would've opted for Sugarbush. They're getting seriously thin there.

EDIT:
    http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthr...162#post976162
    Here you go
    Last edited by frapcap; Mar 23, 2017 at 7:11 PM.
    The chairlift is a free rollercoaster!

try Devils Playground, Outlaw Woods, Lost Girlz, Preacher Woods(top left) for some tough/steep woods at Bolton

Might go there next weekend along with Jay from the looks of it. Still got some $39 coupons for BV.

Snowing pretty hard here at Mt Ellen at 9 AM could be 3-5" by the end of day. Get it while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Snowing pretty hard here at Mt Ellen at 9 AM could be 3-5" by the end of day. Get it while you can.
    It turned to a mix of sleet and snow by days end but it's great skiing. Enjoying a Bright from Treehouse and getting ready to head out to find some food (Thanks WWF-VT for the suggestions!). Should be nice tomorrow!

Mad River Glen this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by bzrperfspec77 View Post
    It turned to a mix of sleet and snow by days end but it's great skiing. Enjoying a Bright from Treehouse and getting ready to head out to find some food (Thanks WWF-VT for the suggestions!). Should be nice tomorrow!
    If you want a real good dinner go to peasant. Treehouse is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rocks860; Mar 24, 2017 at 5:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bzrperfspec77 View Post
    Freezing rain/drizzle now. Julius still in the fridge!

Thursday. Only the groomers skied as PP at MRG yesterday. Windblown, dense and very grabby on the newfallen, which found its way to the bottom of moguls and side of trails. That 4" on top of rock solid made thing challenging. Woods required a lot of muscle. Lots of untracked, but the grabbiness made it difficult. Went back to fsg skis with a good wax. Starting to see easily avoidable grass and dirt and some shiny blue on the steeps. Woods had a lot of underlying surprises in them. Left this morning around 9am, but decided that unless they had a good 6" it wouldn't be much better than yesterday. Spring skiing is here.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Thread Information