• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rack em!

Glenn

Seriously, rack your damn skis.

Race at the mountain today and all the racers just dumped their skis wherever. Mountain Ops should have done some surprise afternoon grooming.

c55f0e6f9d3a63001d50a0cea638f8cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drjeff

As a racer parent, I can 100% vouch that resorts on their race information sheets are very clear about using ski racks. The follow through by the racers and their coaches often leaves plenty of room for improvement!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

JimG.

Staff member
Looks like Hunter; if I had my way management would run a snow cat over all of that equipment.

If I'm using my rock skis I make it a point to ski over as much equipment as I can without going out of my way.

Race parents love me.

VTKilarney

I usually "accidentally" knock some poles over. Passive aggressive and meaningless, I know, but these yard sales annoy the hell out of me.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I'm thinking that cluster is safer than kids racking their skis , seen plenty pairs slide off and fall cause the persons too much in a hurry to make sure they are in right. If at least they had some order with rows would'nt be too bad.

ps I don't fling em just kick some snow on ala Billy Martin

SkiingInABlueDream

If I'm using my rock skis I make it a point to ski over as much equipment as I can without going out of my way..

Nice. "Accidentally" stepping on the skis with hard soled boots is another satisfying way of disrespecting the entitled ppl who park skis like that. Though I'll admit I sometimes get conflicted and feel bad for the skis. "It's not my fault" they say sometimes. :)

Savemeasammy

I tell my kids that I will lock their skis in my car if they leave them on the ground.

It's one thing if the racks are completely full, but clearly they weren't in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

thetrailboss

Staff member
Seriously, rack your damn skis.

Race at the mountain today and all the racers just dumped their skis wherever. Mountain Ops should have done some surprise afternoon grooming.

c55f0e6f9d3a63001d50a0cea638f8cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks about right. Several thousand dollars and hours of hard work tuning to just dump them on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

mrvpilgrim

up at Mount Ellen on particularly egregious days they will send the ambassadors out to pick them up and randomly put them on the racks. nothing like a little scavenger hunt to find your skis to discourage the behavior

cdskier

This drives me nuts as well, although it isn't just racers. I plenty of non-racers doing this all the time even when racks are half empty. Last year at Mt Ellen Sugarbush specifically had signs at the base telling people not to leave their skis on the ground. At one point they even had staff picking them up and moving them into racks, although I don't know whether they kept up with doing that.

cdskier

up at Mount Ellen on particularly egregious days they will send the ambassadors out to pick them up and randomly put them on the racks. nothing like a little scavenger hunt to find your skis to discourage the behavior

LOL. Two of us decided to post almost the same thing at almost the exact same time. That's impressive.

benski

This drives me nuts as well, although it isn't just racers. I plenty of non-racers doing this all the time even when racks are half empty. Last year at Mt Ellen Sugarbush specifically had signs at the base telling people not to leave their skis on the ground. At one point they even had staff picking them up and moving them into racks, although I don't know whether they kept up with doing that.

They should move them inside at owners expense like an illegally parked car, or bring up the quad, throw all the skis in a quad and leave really far from the lodge.