• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Etiquette questions

Glenn

I'm learning all sorts of interesting things here! Maybe this is why the mountain smells funny during the spring melt.

BenedictGomez

I've only once been skiing with someone who pooped in the woods. I don't get that. You seriously cant hold it until the lodge?

He even carried TP in his backpack.

This "incident" from the bowels occurred in the back bowls between Stowe & Smuggler's Notch.

Drewster

I've only once been skiing with someone who pooped in the woods. I don't get that. You seriously cant hold it until the lodge?

This "incident" from the bowels occurred in the back bowls between Stowe & Smuggler's Notch.

Pooping in the woods is very liberating! I've can't say I've pooped while skiing, but during hunting season I've done it a bunch!
My suggestion to everyone would be to take off skis before you drop trow.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Jully

I cannot imagine pooping on skis. That would be really uncomfortable and run the risk of either hitting your skis or dislocating your knee trying to spread the skis, squat, and avoid hitting yourself.

skifree

Pooping in the woods is very liberating! I've can't say I've pooped while skiing, but during hunting season I've done it a bunch!
My suggestion to everyone would be to take off skis before you drop trow.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

except when you sink to your armpits in the woods.

Tin

I cannot imagine pooping on skis. That would be really uncomfortable and run the risk of either hitting your skis or dislocating your knee trying to spread the skis, squat, and avoid hitting yourself.

This is why my daily sticks are 110 waisted.

Cornhead

How does a blind person know when they are done wiping?
Ha, I worked at a place with motion sensor lights in the bathrooms, if you took too long, out went the lights, I would just swing the stall door to turn them back on, but it made me wonder the same thing. Maybe their guide dog let's them know?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

tumbler

I pull the Stevie Wonder at work and turn off the lights in the bathroom when someone is pooping.

MadMadWorld

What if you have to take a poo. Is it ok to poo in the woods off the glades? Just asking.
Yes because it will deter others

That's just dedication. No time to go into the lodge on a good day! How do you the Hershey Squirts at Smuggs got its name??

Sent from my SM-N910V using AlpineZone mobile app