• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett 4/2/17 - Pond Skim!

makimono

Amazing day out there today! Totally sunburnt. Mountain is 100% but I heard that tomorrow is their last day :thumbdown: there's a lot of pressure on FB for 1 more weekend. :razz:

So I did the pond skim, made it across no problem but I didn't think it was going to be as easy as it was. They had a pretty short run in and the snow was really sticky. Plus the run in had a 20* turn in it and was slightly off camber. But that actually worked in my favor since it's really hard to stay flat and straight on the mono, especially without poles. The way it worked I was able to keep semi-tucked in a long arcing turn on one edge, got neutral for the water and sailed it.

There was probably 75-100 people doing the pond skim and probably 50% made it across, a few really good wipe outs. Didn't get much for pictures but I'm hoping they'll post some more on FB or Twitter...

My pudgy, middle aged Speed Racer cosplay - note Spritle and Chim Chim in the trunk of the Mach 5 mono

The Pond

A delicious freshly baked apple cider donut at the historic mid-mountain Bullock Lodge

From WaWa's twitter, the pond and the weird run in

C8aRjcrUwAQsiMn.jpg

Great Reggae band played the afternoon, beer & BBQ tent, Wachusett really put on a fun day.

Glenn

Awesome! Love how you incorporated the board into the costume. Anyone else have a monoboard?

makimono

no but someone did have a pair of water skis mounted with bindings. He zig zagged all over the run in trying to control them and basically had enough speed at the end to fall into the pond :lol: