• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Mountain 4/2/2017

Euler

Wow, what a great spring day! Coverage was great on almost all trails, the few groomed trails on the east side were super fun, and the steep bumps on the west side were nice and soft and therefore mostly manageable by me:daffy: . Sorcerer was jus a bit too "chunky" and steep for me to ski smoothly, but Talisman was pure bliss...covered edge to edge in round, soft bumps. I also hit up Twilight Zone...It had plenty of snow up top, but the bottom third was pretty sketchy. I ended my day with a stop at Sunshine Corner where I met some nice folks and enjoyed a Virgin Mary. I skied from about 9 to 1...when I left both A and B lots were totally full. Only Red was spinning and it was basically ski on all day. Magic has totally turned around...new snowmaking, lifts that work...and of course the terrain, the low key vibe, and the lack of stressed out crowds. I decided today that next year I'll be a passholder at Magic. Photos show a couple of views looking up at Goniff/Twilight Zone , Looking up Talisman, and Looking up the Red Line.
IMG_1890.jpgIMG_1889.jpgIMG_1886.jpgIMG_1884.jpg

Glenn

Great TR! I need to make it over there. It's not all that far.