• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Most accurate mountain report?

kingslug

OK what the most accurate all around weather report. I look for ones that predict mountain conditions, not the town like NOAA does. I found one but it British I think, gives report for base and upper elevations but its not very accurate.

Edd

I've been using the Weather Underground app lately and it seems good. You can pick ski mountains specifically.

kingslug

When I go to NOAA for Killington I get this as the location they get the weather: [h=2]Rutland-Southern Vermont Regional Airport (KRUT)[/h]doesn't help for the mountain.

Jully

When I go to NOAA for Killington I get this as the location they get the weather: [h=2]Rutland-Southern Vermont Regional Airport (KRUT)[/h]doesn't help for the mountain.

You can select a specific longitude and latitude which also takes elevation into account for NWS.

yeggous

Yes weather.gov is best for forecasts. And MRG actually has honest snow reports. I can't think of another mountain that I trust.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

mriceyman

Any coincidence that mrg isnt desperate for the daytrippers like most other mountains? Not taking anything away because they have some funny reports even in the lean times but it has to weigh in

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone