• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 4/8/17

4aprice

It was very good, but I'm thinking you are forgetting the week in February just before the blow torch when it snowed practically every day and most places in New England picked up 50+ inches of snow. Jay cashed in with almost 100 that week.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Ah, good point, I kind of missed that "short" period (emphasis on short). I had visited Colorado early in the month and came home to hook a tip and crash down on some lovely "Pocono Pavement" (Ouch) on Rocket @ CBK, the following weekend which lost me a couple of days. But correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't some of that period during the Presidents day holiday. I also don't travel on the holidays, for obvious reasons and understand heard there were some tremendous crowds (good for the ski areas). So from my perspective it was the best weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

deadheadskier

Staff member
The real goods were the week before the holiday weekend / right after the AZ Summit. From Friday - Sunday of the Summit, Sugarloaf picked up like 20" on an already very deep base. They picked up another 3' or so throughout that week. Wildcat same deal. Northern VT and Whiteface even more.