Who obtained the best Cost/Day ratio this season? - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 88
  1. #71
    Disclaimer: Retired, live close to the River. Bought the Bronze pass, weekdays only, non holiday.

    I paid $419.00 last spring for this season's pass. I have 71 days on it. Average per day is $5.90. I'll admit to the second day of only doing two runs as both open trails had every gun going and my goggles were getting plastered. But all the rest were real ski days.

    And yup, I already bought next year's pass, $429.00.
    lovin life,

    Bob

  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I rarely hit traffic by the outlet malls in Queensbury in the winter.
    Agreed. It's only bad on Sunday afternoons, and even then it's not that bad.

    Summertime is a whole other ball of wax though, heading south it can back up to the light for a few miles.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Agreed. It's only bad on Sunday afternoons, and even then it's not that bad.

    Summertime is a whole other ball of wax though, heading south it can back up to the light for a few miles.
    I've been stuck there for 20-30 minutes coming home from K in April/May. Same for that bridge in Whitehall. Always Sunday afternoons/evenings. I can see how the mall would be less of an issue during the winter months since it's not enclosed. Would hate to see what it's like in the weekends leading up to Christmas, though. Would gladly risk the VT local tax collectors on 7 to avoid that mess.

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    I've been stuck there for 20-30 minutes coming home from K in April/May.
    It can be even worse in the warm months. I dont go to Vermont much in the summer, but when I do I typically take the Lake Champlain bridge and avoid that spot on Sunday.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    It can be even worse in the warm months. I dont go to Vermont much in the summer, but when I do I typically take the Lake Champlain bridge and avoid that spot on Sunday.
    Fun. Never been to VT outside of ski season and don't feel like I'm missing much. I guess there's foliage in the fall...

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    Fun. Never been to VT outside of ski season and don't feel like I'm missing much. I guess there's foliage in the fall...
    Vermont is beautiful in the summer. In the summer I enjoy hiking up the mountains that I ski in the winter (and surrounding areas). Just sitting on my deck up there reading and drinking a beer or something is nice too.

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Vermont is beautiful in the summer. In the summer I enjoy hiking up the mountains that I ski in the winter (and surrounding areas). Just sitting on my deck up there reading and drinking a beer or something is nice too.

    Agreed.

    We thought we'd go up occasionally in the summer when we bought our little place. We're up there more than we thought we'd be. It's nice change of scenery.

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    Never been to VT outside of ski season and don't feel like I'm missing much.
    Fewer bogus speeding tickets.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  9. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Fewer bogus speeding tickets.
    Good point!

  10. #80
    catsup948's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Shelburne Falls, MA
    Posts
    1,026
    Overall $8.04 per day for 74 days so far. Berkshire East was free, 8 free at Gunstock and 4 skinning. Cost outside of free was a bit more than usual at $22.92 a day, 27 days at 16 different mountains.




    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Snow!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:03 PM.