Aspen / KSL acquired Mammoth Resorts - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Solitude is not included in this deal. Seems odd as its owned by the DV partners and a lot of what drives business there is its association with DV and associated deals and such (or at least that was my understanding). Makes me wonder if the DV partners have something else in mind for Solitude or if it will be a separate transaction... idk.

There was the One Wasach proposal awhile ago.
    Hopefully Boyne will step up to the plate and take Solitude, improve the connection and make it one with Brighton. That would provide good competition to the canyons on either side of BCC.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post
    Hopefully Boyne will step up to the plate and take Solitude, improve the connection and make it one with Brighton. That would provide good competition to the canyons on either side of BCC.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    That'd be pretty awesome indeed! It would absolutely provide a solid alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    Where does this leave Solitude? Didn't Deer Valley purchase them in 2014?
    My question as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Solitude is not included in this deal. Seems odd as its owned by the DV partners and a lot of what drives business there is its association with DV and associated deals and such (or at least that was my understanding). Makes me wonder if the DV partners have something else in mind for Solitude or if it will be a separate transaction... idk.

There was the One Wasach proposal awhile ago.
    Huh? That seems odd. I would have thought that KSL would have wanted DV completely out of the game and out of the market. And I would have thought that DV would have just wanted to cash-out and walk away. Perhaps DV is working on a second attempt to sell Solitude to Boyne. The first go-round in 2013 or 2014 got close but Boyne couldn't get the money.

This also shows that KSL is interested in directly competing with Vail since Park City Mountain Resort is literally a rope line away from Deer Valley. Apparently KSL wasn't interested in Solitude....assuming it is not part of the deal.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post

Huh? That seems odd. I would have thought that KSL would have wanted DV completely out of the game and out of the market. And I would have thought that DV would have just wanted to cash-out and walk away. Perhaps DV is working on a second attempt to sell Solitude to Boyne. The first go-round in 2013 or 2014 got close but Boyne couldn't get the money.
    Question: Is Solitude included in the buy?
    Answer: No. Deer Valley partners will maintain ownership of Solitude Mountain Resort.

http://blog.deervalley.com/deer-vall...-ski-holdings/

I'd guess for a second deal as well, unless DV investors have other plans for Solitude or are trying to sell it to someone else (Boyne).

Brighton is owned by Och-Ziff Real Estate. I know Boyne operates the resort but Boyne's model seems to be more operational. While they have bought properties in the past like Big Sky and others, it seems like the MO these days is to operate. There are always possibilities.

I appears to me that the family that owned Deer Valley and Solitude may be trying to sell them separately to get more bang for the buck.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

My question as well.

This also shows that KSL is interested in directly competing with Vail since Park City Mountain Resort is literally a rope line away from Deer Valley. Apparently KSL wasn't interested in Solitude....assuming it is not part of the deal.
    Didn't Dear Valley purchase Solitude in 2014, were they really trying to sell it right after purchasing it?

"Perhaps DV is working on a second attempt to sell Solitude to Boyne. The first go-round in 2013 or 2014 got close but Boyne couldn't get the money."

While the previous owns of Solitude may have tried selling to Boyne in '13 or '14, it wasn't DV trying to sell. They only bought Solitude in Oct '14.
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    "Perhaps DV is working on a second attempt to sell Solitude to Boyne. The first go-round in 2013 or 2014 got close but Boyne couldn't get the money."

While the previous owns of Solitude may have tried selling to Boyne in '13 or '14, it wasn't DV trying to sell. They only bought Solitude in Oct '14.
    Right. The DeSeelhorsts were trying to sell in that timeframe. DV bought it in October 2014.

And: http://blog.deervalley.com/deer-vall...=DeerValleyKSL
    Live, Ski, or Die!

And Solitude is now worth more than it was in 2014 because of DV's improvements including a new Summit HSQ and a new Midmountain Lodge.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Right. The DeSeelhorsts were trying to sell in that timeframe. DV bought it in October 2014.

And: http://blog.deervalley.com/deer-vall...=DeerValleyKSL
    Sorry - miss understood you, thought you were saying that DV was trying to sell to Boyne. Given everything that DV put into the place, I highly doubt that Boyne is in a position to purchase it. Especially if they couldn't get funding for it before at a cheaper price.

Thread Information