Where to go this weekend

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Where to go this weekend

Looking at the different weather reports and trying to figure out where it won't be a skating rink this weekend. Can only go Sunday. From the Cats to S VT ...

Lets go!
    I'll drive.

have to be at a family dinner in tenafly NJ on Friday. driving to Albany after. have not decided if sat morning I head to whiteface or to Vermont. its either a whiteface/gore weekend, or a pico/okemo/Stratton weekend. north and high elevation seems like it may make a difference...

Going to wait till last minute and see what happens. Weekend after its K...
    Dont want to break the streak..hate missing a week
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

My next target is some time next week midweek -- hopefully a Burke > Jay trip especially if they get a bit of a refresher up there

Sitting this weekend out... not the time of year I'd prefer to do it but its nice to have some midweek flexibility

All per the GFS: This Friday looks like a washout.

Saturday likely will be pretty poor hockey rink conditions, though it may hit the 40s in the afternoon, but I dont know if the warmth will come in time or not.

The good news is there is some snow chance for Saturday night into Sunday far north.

All-in-all, this stinks. I had planned to ski Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, now Friday is out and Saturday is a coin-toss at best.

Waiting on the other models.....
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

yea im going anyway. Saturday will be firm. sunday could be good. I just like being in the mountains and we are running out of time.

Now thst im running with the mid fats..ice isnt such a problem..skiing ice groomers all day is not my idea of fun..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

We'll probably use our last MAX Pass at Loon on Saturday to have a shorter drive home with plans on Sunday already for Easter.

Sunday evening/PM I think I'll be driving up to Jay and riding on the 2nd with a couple of buddies. Still not confirmed on that yet though. Otherwise, I'll be riding somewhere else Monday since I have it off from work.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: 35 days
    2018 - 2019 Season: baby = hoping for... some? days...

I'm skiing Friday one way or another. I'm optimistic it's just a small morning shower.

Quote Originally Posted by gnardawg View Post
    I'm skiing Friday one way or another. I'm optimistic it's just a small morning shower.
    Forecast I saw showed most precip Thursday night and ending early Friday morning (possibly by the time lifts open). As long as you don't mind soft snow, then I think Friday will be ok and not a washout. I'll be skiing Friday as well unless the forecast changes to precip during the ski day.

Thread Information