• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington - Bear Mountain "Revitalization"

Newpylong

The lift is much more important than the terrain in the "pod" it serves. Without it/or the Snowshed crossover you have to take the Skye Peak Quad to get over to the K1 side of the hill. It sucks.

Agreed. Just saying if spending that money it makes sense to go $50K more and replace the lines to retain some traffic there.

MEtoVTSkier

Agreed. Just saying if spending that money it makes sense to go $50K more and replace the lines to retain some traffic there.

It would be stupid NOT to replace all the snowmaking infrastructure in that pod that needs it, while all the heavy equipment is in there doing the lift work anyhow.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
It would be stupid NOT to replace all the snowmaking infrastructure in that pod that needs it, while all the heavy equipment is in there doing the lift work anyhow.

Define "all the snowmaking infrastructure". Pipe Dream has snowmaking. That's "all" the snowmaking in that pod. It hasn't worked in years though... Definitely a minor job to fix while they're working up there.

Call me sacrilegious but I'd like to see Breakaway get snowmaking. The Jug and Jug Handle are good natural options that should be preserved as such.

MEtoVTSkier

Define "all the snowmaking infrastructure". Pipe Dream has snowmaking. That's "all" the snowmaking in that pod. It hasn't worked in years though... Definitely a minor job to fix while they're working up there.

Call me sacrilegious but I'd like to see Breakaway get snowmaking. The Jug and Jug Handle are good natural options that should be preserved as such.

If it's a minor job, then they should have fixed it years ago. I'd bet most of it is junk and needs to be totally replaced, which would make great sense if they really get a lift in there next summer, then replace and add what is necessary and be done with the pod once and for all for the long term.

Newpylong

The pipes on Lower Pipe Dream are toast and they are buried, which is uncommon at K. Not a huge job bit not something they'd do without a lift that operates more.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Kiillington's 2018 to-do list:
New RFID gates
New K1 Cabins
New Snowdon lift
New South Ridge Lift

No mention of the new Bear Lodge or condos............

November 10, 2017...
Hard to believe they can get through Act 250, and sell the units in 6 months when construction would have to begin.

I just hope if the condos get tied up the South Ridge chair and Bear lodge revamp still happen by 2018.

skiur

Kiillington's 2018 to-do list:
New RFID gates
New K1 Cabins
New Snowdon lift
New South Ridge Lift

No mention of the new Bear Lodge or condos............

November 10, 2017...

They have already stated the the lodge and condos have been put on hold. The only thing they say is still happening at bear is the tunnels for that snowshed crossover at skyeburst and the stash. Can't really believe anything Killington tells you. I will believe that they will get all that work done when I see it, more than likely it will only get half done like they only built half the peak lodge.

gladerider

the crossover makes sense. i stayed at the sunrise village condos during the prez week and had my kid in the ski school. going from the condos to the ski school was painful. and the new lift makes so much sense.