AlpineZone

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Epicski dead all content to disappear

For real.

Damn Russians
    "Make Greenland Green again"

Quote Originally Posted by hrstrat57 View Post
    For real.
    Wow. Thanks for the heads up. I've already started the wheels in motion to preserve my content from there. The unofficial guides to Wildcat and Attitash will live on:
    http://www.northeastmountainsports.c...new-hampshire/
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

So much for running the site from central America.

Sent from my LG-H901 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 10

Tough thing about it is hardly any notice, just 2 or 3 days before they pull the plug. Over the last 10+ years I have used that site to host hundreds, perhaps thousands of photos and dozens of articles, including every photo I have posted here. After Friday - poof. Now I have to scramble to archive some of my better, older photos and articles from there that I may not have copies of on my PC.
    With EpicSki's demise, Snowjournal barely resurrected last year, and some other ski forums running on fumes it makes you wonder? Is FaceBook a decent substitute for ski discussions, info/advice, and the sharing of stoke?

I prefer to keep Facebook mostly separate from my ski discussions. I would probably annoy my nonskiing​ friends and family on Facebook more than I already do if I discussed skiing on Facebook as often as I do here.

I enjoy the focused discussion of passionate skiers that a place like AZ provides. It's for the true nuts with skiing on the brain 365 days a year.

I never participated much in epicski, though I frequently read their content on gear. That is a huge database to sadly see go away.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jimk View Post
    Tough thing about it is hardly any notice, just 2 or 3 days before they pull the plug. Over the last 10+ years I have used that site to host hundreds, perhaps thousands of photos and dozens of articles, including every photo I have posted here. After Friday - poof. Now I have to scramble to archive some of my better, older photos and articles from there that I may not have copies of on my PC.
    With EpicSki's demise, Snowjournal barely resurrected last year, and some other ski forums running on fumes it makes you wonder? Is FaceBook a decent substitute for ski discussions, info/advice, and the sharing of stoke?
    Terrible. nobody likes using Facebook comments. The font sucks. The notification suck. If you turn them off, you miss it. Its hard to find where the unread post begin. Sometimes posts shows up in notifications and your news feed. It takes like 5 times as long to skip a topic. Often you miss stuff becouse of the news feed algorithm. Also sharing threw third parties is unreliable. I think that option comes and goes every 2 weeks. There is a reason college students don't use it to do more than view pages, and share events.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I enjoy the focused discussion of passionate skiers that a place like AZ provides. It's for the true nuts with skiing on the brain 365 days a year./URL]
    Me too. I only started liking skiing stuff when I saw a girl I liked doing it. I think it could get you blocked by other people if your older, its more obvious to block a person than to block a page.

Quote Originally Posted by jimk View Post
    If you need to offload content, bring it over the ****************************. I coincidentally just brought up the site on Friday and have been working to build it out. I wasn't planning to go live so soon, but the situation has changed. I am working frantically to pull off content from EpicSki with the author's permissions. Right now I am in the middle of pulling down the Unofficial Guides.
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I prefer to keep Facebook mostly separate from my ski discussions. I would probably annoy my nonskiing​ friends and family on Facebook more than I already do if I discussed skiing on Facebook as often as I do here.

I enjoy the focused discussion of passionate skiers that a place like AZ provides. It's for the true nuts with skiing on the brain 365 days a year.

I never participated much in epicski, though I frequently read their content on gear. That is a huge database to sadly see go away.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Maybe we should start a group on FB.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information