• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Epicski dead all content to disappear

jimk

Oh please. The best skiers I know (Big wall skiers) wouldn't ski moguls if you put a gun to their heads. Moguls are for posers.

Troll baby troll.

If there is any skier in my lifetime I most dreamed to have the skills of it is probably Edgar Grospiron:

Next life maybe;)

abc

No worries - I won't be here long.
Joined "Apr 2017". That wasn't so long ago, was it?

This isn't someone who had something to contribute but just having a bad day. This kid joined just to be a jerk:

I can't believe this place still exists. Is the site's owner still that chubby little dork from Connecticut? You know, Connecticut - that bastion of skiing and mountain lifestyle? He really liked "seeded" bumps, if my memory serves. :razz: I see you hail from "southeast New Hampshire" - in other words: Boston.
Clearly he doesn't believe this site should exist. So how about removing him? Mods?

"

ForcedHotWater

Troll baby troll.

If there is any skier in my lifetime I most dreamed to have the skills of it is probably Edgar Grospiron:

Next life maybe;)

I don't deny the athleticism. I just think there's far better ways to spend days with skis on your feet. Mogul skiing just smacks of gentrified, lift-served, banality. The most severe consequence is a blown ACL. It's McSkiing. But go for it if that's your thing. Just know that many of us think you're sort of funneh.

Last edited:

Domeskier

Just know that many of us think you're sort of funneh.

I read an interview with Grospiron once where he complained that he couldn't ski bumps at big mountains anymore because of the relentless mocking from lift-scorning snow bros hiking to their backcountry kickers for a "sesh" of sweet spins and ankle grabs.

ForcedHotWater

I read an interview with Grospiron once where he complained that he couldn't ski bumps at big mountains anymore because of the relentless mocking from lift-scorning snow bros hiking to their backcountry kickers for a "sesh" of sweet spins and ankle grabs.

What are you blubbering about? You think I'm talking about spins and ankle grabs? You don't even know what you don't even know. Run-a-long now, lil' fella.

Domeskier

What are you blubbering about? You think I'm talking about spins and ankle grabs? You don't even know what you don't even know. Run-a-long now, lil' fella.

I'm agreeing with you. The decline in mogul skiing has nothing to do with shaped skis or snowboards or excessive grooming - it's you snow bros mocking the will out of those pansy trough skippers that deserve all the credit! Now get out there and start ankle grabbing, dude!

deadheadskier

Staff member
ForcedHotAir (can I call you that? That would be a more appropriate handle with the way you've come into this forum guns blazing; I'm assuming to show off for your Broze)

You seem to be having a bit of trouble with reading comprehension. My assertion that people should ski more moguls is purely to use them as a tool to get better at all aspects of technical skiing. Why? For one, bumps are accessible in most parts of the country. Not everyone has access to "walls" or whatever dick wavers like yourself want to call high angle above tree line terrain. When I see people who struggle with tight trees, chutes and other technical terrain, usually their challenges are centered around two things - lack of quick feet to enable turn execution in tight spaces and lack of vision down the slope to set their turns up. Mogul skiing addresses both these things in usually an environment with fewer penalties for mistakes. If you miss a turn in bumps, you're typically not going to wreck into a tree or cartwheel into a ledge. It was a simple suggestion for people looking to improve their skills. If you become accomplished at skiing moguls, all those other types of skiing tend to fall right into place much more easly.

Now that we have that settled and you hopefully understand that this isn't your typical 14 year old boy dude, brah, gnar conversation you are used to having; let's move on.

VTKilarney

I've never hung out at Epic Ski. Is this what I have to look forward to if people migrate to here?

Domeskier

I've never hung out at Epic Ski. Is this what I have to look forward to if people migrate to here?

I sure hope so. If there's one thing mogul skiing can't teach you it's how to jump off a cliff into a fluffy white pile of pristine powder like some two-bit stunt man at the local truck and tractor pull. I'm sure this bro is going to prove a valuable asset to the forums. Dare I say I'm "stoked"?

ForcedHotWater

I sure hope so. If there's one thing mogul skiing can't teach you it's how to jump off a cliff into a fluffy white pile of pristine powder like some two-bit stunt man at the local truck and tractor pull. I'm sure this bro is going to prove a valuable asset to the forums. Dare I say I'm "stoked"?

You're dumber than I tell people.

ForcedHotWater

These fucking places are so fucking stale. You guys do all realize that everything you say here has been said before? At least twice? Ten or twelve years ago? How many threads have there been here regarding whether you boot up at the car or in the lodge? How about whether you leave the bar up or pull it down? Is there an annual helmet thread?

You're talking (and talking and talking) about fucking lift served skiing. At Killingbush. Or Sugarton. Or Sunday Valley. It's all the same homogenized shit.

It's fucking boring. Stop doing it.

Save the content at Epic Ski? Why? It's all right here.

Hawk

Man that guy has something to prove I guess. What a downer. What I don't understand was why he came on here guns a blazing? I mean I understood what Deadheadskier was saying and it is true. When you grow up here in New England, that is what you learn and master first and that base technique is what carries you forward when you finally head out west. At least in my case. Now that I am a lot older and have been all over the west, Canada and some of Europe, I can understand what big mountain skiing is all about. I have enjoyed many days skinning and hiking for lines and really enjoy the solitude and beauty of the untamed mountains. But I still love mashing the bumps and skiing the woods at my home mountain with all my friends. I don't limit myself or cast judgment on others. I enjoy it all in the most beautiful places with the best of friends. In the end the best skier in the world can do it all and don't have limits.

Waldo_was_here

These fucking places are so fucking stale. You guys do all realize that everything you say here has been said before? At least twice? Ten or twelve years ago? How many threads have there been here regarding whether you boot up at the car or in the lodge? How about whether you leave the bar up or pull it down? Is there an annual helmet thread?

You're talking (and talking and talking) about fucking lift served skiing. At Killingbush. Or Sugarton. Or Sunday Valley. It's all the same homogenized shit.

It's fucking boring. Stop doing it.

Save the content at Epic Ski? Why? It's all right here.

Still skiing Whiteface? FHW, run along, these peeps aren't your type. Go over to PugSki and start one of your old political diatribes.

ForcedHotWater

What if he's for real?

Guilty. I REALLY find a bunch of bored, cubicle monkeys blubbering on and on about lift-served skiing to be depressing. And when they start spewing about "bump skiing" I throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Savemeasammy

What "content" are y'all so concerned about losing? I've never seen anything posted on a ski forum that didn't sound like something some idiot squatting on a bar stool blurted out between a burp and a fart.

Oh please. The best skiers I know (Big wall skiers) wouldn't ski moguls if you put a gun to their heads. Moguls are for posers.

Good grief. Another suburban weekend superstar heard from. You know you're talking to posers when they think "bump skiers"are the best skiers on the mountain.

I can't believe this place still exists. Is the site's owner still that chubby little dork from Connecticut? You know, Connecticut - that bastion of skiing and mountain lifestyle? He really liked "seeded" bumps, if my memory serves. :razz: I see you hail from "southeast New Hampshire" - in other words: Boston.

"Alpine Zone" my ass. Have you ever actually been in an alpine zone? Did you get there on your own or were you assisted by some type of machine? Do you even know what an alpine zone is? Do you think they have one at Wachusett?

JV level trolling. Sober up and try again.

Oh, and could you please explain to us posers what Big Wall Skiing is? It sounds rad, brah.