• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

May/June Late Season Skiing

Jcb890

Hmm, thats odd but I guess it makes sense since the snow will basically just be mush later on in the day anyways. Hopefully lift tickets are pretty cheap thats the only part I havent quite figured out yet.
Not that cheap.
Daily rate is $79 ($80.58 with tourism assessment)
5 of 7 rate is $59.40 ($297 + $5.94 tourism assessment = $60.59/day)

Jcb890

Well I will be at Squaw which has a $52 "other resort" passholder ticket. So assuming I show my Sugarbush pass, I can get that rate. I am wondering if window rates will end up any lower due to limited hours. Obviously Mammoth and Squaw will differ from each other.
http://squawalpine.com/tickets-passes/day-tickets/lift-ticket-deals
I messaged Squaw also, but haven't heard back. I'll respond in here when they get back to me. That $52 deal seems nice, but if you are planning more than 2 days it may not work...

Flash your 2016-17 season pass from any resort in the U.S. at the ticket window and get a discounted lift ticket for just $52 - that's a $72 savings!

This deal is limited to one per passholder per day with a limit of two purchases for the 2016-17 season.

Duncanator24

Yup, I saw the limitation. Works out perfectly since I am going for two days anyways. They are only open weekends in June so it would be difficult to use more than 2 days anyways.

snoseek

Me! Ill even trade you some half price vail vouchers! At work now will mssg tonight!

Jcb890

Me! Ill even trade you some half price vail vouchers! At work now will mssg tonight!
If snoseek doesn't want them I may be interested... I'm trying to talk a couple friends into a trip, but nothing confirmed so I don't want to take them unless I know I'll use them.

jaytrem

I have 2 passes good for Squaw Valley if anyone wants them. Shame to see them go to waste.

Don't need them, but just wanted to thank you for your generosity! Hopefully Snoseek gets couple great days with them.

bdfreetuna

The 2 passes have to be used by either 2 different ppl on the same day, or you could use them on consecutive days. Snoseek looks like you got dibs. Don't need any Vail vouchers but appreciate the offer. Hmu later with mailing addy.

Duncanator24

Ahh poo, I am too late to my own thread to claim the tickets! Haha, well if Snoseek doesnt use them, I would gladly take them! I have flights and a place to stay and a car rented already. So I will definitely be there at Squaw no matter what.

snoseek

I've got a cheap in so someone else should use them. Thanks though you are the man.

Jcb890

Duncanator, I asked for 2nd dibs, but if you have concrete plans, you take them. If I go it would be towards the end of this month and I don't have anything booked yet so it might not even happen.

Duncanator24

Oh yeah I'll certainly be there regardless. Funny that my first west coast ski experience will be in June of all times. But with my Mountain collective pass for 2017/18 I'll be getting way more of it soon!

bdfreetuna

Well the whole point of my giving them away is not a demonstration of my generosity, but to preferably have them get used and enjoyed.

So, Jcb890, hope the next one goes to you bro.. but I think Duncanator24 being 100% on the plans and all.

So Duncanator send me a PM with a mailing addy I'll get these out to you quick. That's crazy you're going in June! Show us some pictures, will ya?

Duncanator24

Dropped you a pm! I'll definitely make sure to post a couple pictures for sure. Might be a bit slushy but I'll have fun either way.

Jcb890

Well the whole point of my giving them away is not a demonstration of my generosity, but to preferably have them get used and enjoyed.

So, Jcb890, hope the next one goes to you bro.. but I think Duncanator24 being 100% on the plans and all.

So Duncanator send me a PM with a mailing addy I'll get these out to you quick. That's crazy you're going in June! Show us some pictures, will ya?
No worries and thank you for your generosity. My "friends" are balking at the idea of resorts not being open a full day, so I have a feeling nothing is going to materialize. I'm happy Duncanator will be able to use them.

Some friends... :lol:

bdfreetuna

No worries and thank you for your generosity. My "friends" are balking at the idea of resorts not being open a full day, so I have a feeling nothing is going to materialize. I'm happy Duncanator will be able to use them.

Some friends... :lol:

57050572.jpg