May/June Late Season Skiing - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Really? that's crazy! I would imagine its due to the ~13k altitude. And only like a little over an hour from Denver. Maybe that is something I should consider!

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanator24 View Post
    Really? that's crazy! I would imagine its due to the ~13k altitude. And only like a little over an hour from Denver. Maybe that is something I should consider!
    The Pugski folks have big Mothers day party at A-Basin, it would be worth heading out just for that. I know Phill is bringing a bunch of demo skis with him too.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    Does Sugarloaf stay open until late May/June? I assume they could if they wanted to.

Before becoming part of Boyne they often went to mid-May. I've skied there as late as May15. But Boyne has decided that Sunday River is their late season mtn even though the snow lasts longer at the Loaf.

Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    Before becoming part of Boyne they often went to mid-May. I've skied there as late as May15. But Boyne has decided that Sunday River is their late season mtn even though the snow lasts longer at the Loaf.
    Have they decided that? I thought Boyne more just decided they weren't in the late season game. They've both closed within a few days of each other the past few years and prior to that, SL was still doing the first weekend in May while SR was closing in April.

Not sure where you came up with that one.The loaf is almost always open later than SR.
    SIKSKIER

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Sugarloaf's snow report today says "It's the beginning of the last weekend of the 2016/2017 season and the weather is looking better and better." So to answer your question, it doesn't look like they are a choice after this weekend (although I suspect they could be if they wanted to considering they still have 128 trails open)
    That certainly has changed.!28 down to 49 today and its really showing the disconnecting on the cam now.
    SIKSKIER

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanator24 View Post
    I am already feeling withdrawals from this great season of skiing and want to try and get in another trip either in Mid-May or early June if possible. Obviously with the changing of seasons, there are not many options. But lift tickets are cheap and Spring conditions are always really fun.

Thinking:
    - Jay Peak
    - Killington
    - Mammoth Mountain or Squaw Valley (closing date of July 4th)

Obviously going out West is a bit of a stretch but I am sure they will have the best snow and number of trails open. Any other mountain options I am missing that I should consider?
    I'm in the same boat. I'm not ready to give up.

I think Jay is done 5/7. Even if they are open past then, it'll only be terrain off the Jet. If that's the case, I'd personally rather go to Killington and lap the Superstar Quad. At this point with the warm weather though, I have a feeling Killington won't make June 1st this year.

As for out West... there's some stuff still open.

Bachelor in Oregon - daily operations until Memorial Day.
    Mt. Hood Meadows in Oregon also, not sure how late they usually go, maybe June/July?
    Mammoth, CA
    Squaw, CA
    Heavenly, CA

Others who are open now, but I'm not sure if they're open past early May:

Mt. Rose, Tahoe
    Sugar Bowl, CA
    Timberline Lodge, OR
    Snowbird, UT
    White Pass, WA
    Lake Lousie, Banff, CAN
    Sunshine Village, Banff, CAN
    Mont Saint-Sauveur, QC, CAN
    Whistler-Blackcomb, BC, CAN
    Winter Park, CO
    Arapahoe Basin, CO
    Loveland, CO
    Nakiska, Alberta, CAN
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: 35 days
    2018 - 2019 Season: baby = hoping for... some? days...

Quote Originally Posted by Jcb890 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I'm not ready to give up.

I think Jay is done 5/7. Even if they are open past then, it'll only be terrain off the Jet. If that's the case, I'd personally rather go to Killington and lap the Superstar Quad. At this point with the warm weather though, I have a feeling Killington won't make June 1st this year.

As for out West... there's some stuff still open.

Bachelor in Oregon - daily operations until Memorial Day.
    Mt. Hood Meadows in Oregon also, not sure how late they usually go, maybe June/July?
    Mammoth, CA
    Squaw, CA
    Heavenly, CA

Others who are open now, but I'm not sure if they're open past early May:

Mt. Rose, Tahoe
    Sugar Bowl, CA
    Timberline Lodge, OR
    Snowbird, UT
    White Pass, WA
    Lake Lousie, Banff, CAN
    Sunshine Village, Banff, CAN
    Mont Saint-Sauveur, QC, CAN
    Whistler-Blackcomb, BC, CAN
    Winter Park, CO
    Arapahoe Basin, CO
    Loveland, CO
    Nakiska, Alberta, CAN
    Mount Hood Meadows doesn't go very much longer. In a few weeks, all the action on Mount Hood shifts solely to Timberline, which is the perennial epi-center of US summer skiing with a host of alpine and snowboard camps, and the lifts spinning in many years right on through to September when they shut them down for a few weeks of maintenance before the snow starts flying again
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    Incorrect. Sugarloaf is the Boyne late season mountain. SR trims to weekends only after Patriots day while Loaf continues daily ops normally til closing day. That said, they will both close this year after May 1st, Loaf with arguably more of the mountain open than SR.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Jay just posted on FB they are done after Monday May 1st now.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information