• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2017 Boating Thread

4aprice

Guess we can start it, my boats in the water. Lake's full and its was a fast transition to the warm weather season (skied out west last weekend).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

xwhaler

Hope to launch next Sunday but depends on if I get it back from the marine mechanic in time.

Looking forward to having it at a slip all season. Should really make for a different experience for us as a family.

Got it waxed and bottom painted last wknd.

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

xwhaler

After some delays due to needing a new thermostat on the outboard as well as lousy weather for Early May I am still not in. Launching this coming wknd though and looking forward to the marina life this season.

4aprice

With the weather we've had I pulled mine back out of the water to do a detail cleaning. Weekend looks decent at least for a ride. The big kickoff will of course be the next weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

crank

Just got back from a week of sailing around the BVI's!

Moved my boat to her summer slip a few weeks ago and need to do some work to get her ready to sail.

4aprice

Bagged putting the boat in last weekend, so she still sits at home nice and clean, ready for launch early tomorrow morning. Looks like we may get 2 of 3 out on the lake, though Sunday may be running from storms. Anyway's "Happy Summer" to all boaters.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

xwhaler

In as of last wknd and looking forward to another great season on the NH/ME seacoast. Sat and Sunday look decent up this way for this wknd
4af68b89ac6d01a3301584cbc0de9819.jpg

xwhaler

Nice whaler! Is that a 15? This is my partially restored 13
de7dc86fff7ac8b4b87c091dfc881c6f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is a 16' 7" Eastport....oldie but goodie (1968 hull running on a '98 90 HP 2 stroke Johnson)
They are awesome boats...keep us posted with any pics of your adventures this summer! Had a 13' as a kid love those

powhunter

Yep a lot off older hulls around! How did your 13 ft handle? I try not to go out in anything over 2 ft. It gets a little sketchy. Got to hit em like moguls haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xwhaler

Having nearly 4 extra feet not to mention stand up center console makes for a much more stable ride when seas get rough. Agree on the mogul approach. There's an art to knowing how to read the water for sure

4aprice

Having nearly 4 extra feet not to mention stand up center console makes for a much more stable ride when seas get rough. Agree on the mogul approach. There's an art to knowing how to read the water for sure

Just thinking about my ride out to the cove yesterday with traffic and converging wakes everywhere, turbulent. Moguls are smoother.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

JimG.

Staff member
Nice.

You should post those in the fishing 2017 thread; no salt water presence this year since steamboat1 disappeared.