• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Opening Day 2017/2018 Season - New England

Jully

Ok folks. Your comments have been heard and reviewed. Following Killingtons final day of the season we will be shutting down the ski forums until October 1st. Please focus your attention to our vibrant biking and hiking forums as well as the fishing and boating threads. I don't think there's been a golf thread started. Someone should get on that. I'm thinking a debate over 2 iron vs fairway wood would be a good one.

Happy Summer!

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Hahahahahahahaha

drjeff

Ok folks. Your comments have been heard and reviewed. Following Killingtons final day of the season we will be shutting down the ski forums until October 1st. Please focus your attention to our vibrant biking and hiking forums as well as the fishing and boating threads. I don't think there's been a golf thread started. Someone should get on that. I'm thinking a debate over 2 iron vs fairway wood would be a good one.

Happy Summer!

2 irons are for girly men!! Real men hit a 1 iron!! And hybrids are the equipment that people who ski on those short, funky parabolic skis use!!! Anything under a 220 downhill race ski with rigid lifter plates is for wimps!! [emoji6] [emoji6] [emoji6] [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Riverskier

Anyone know why Sunday River had such a hard time opening last season? They didn't open til the 23rd of November...a month later than Killington. They usually open within 24 hours of each other. I know they didn't run the Locke chair to the midstation and tried the Aurora pod. Was it a complete failure?

They had to install a new top terminal on Locke that wasn't completed until December. Therefore they were forced to come up with an alternative opening strategy, thus the Aurora plan. I fully expect them to go back to opening from the Locke midstation this year, and in all likelihood within a day or 2 of Killington.

dlague

Happy Summer!

I assume yoir kidding but ..... Perfect just in time for the Ski Vt Passes. Any other deals for who ever is interested - Well they are on their own.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

machski

They had to install a new top terminal on Locke that wasn't completed until December. Therefore they were forced to come up with an alternative opening strategy, thus the Aurora plan. I fully expect them to go back to opening from the Locke midstation this year, and in all likelihood within a day or 2 of Killington.
Yes, early turns off Locke though I don't think they completely abandon the Aurora concept. At the least, I expect to see them start blowing over there maybe as soon as they start Locke, to allow for a quicker connection to Locke/Barker/Spruce. Though with a new Spruce Chair, Spruce could have more early focus.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

4aprice

Happy Summer!

I hope you say that in jest, however, it would be understandable if at some point there was some sort of shut down for maintenance. If that were to happen I would make one request of management. That would be to fix the (or make easier) the photo mechanisms. For some reason I can't get my photos to mount properly and I did not write any TR's because of it this last season (and I did a lot of travel that may have been interesting to some). Just a request.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Edd

I hope you say that in jest, however, it would be understandable if at some point there was some sort of shut down for maintenance. If that were to happen I would make one request of management. That would be to fix the (or make easier) the photo mechanisms. For some reason I can't get my photos to mount properly and I did not write any TR's because of it this last season (and I did a lot of travel that may have been interesting to some). Just a request.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

All of these new threads indicate that North Korea has finally hacked AZ. It was inevitable, really.

deadheadskier

Staff member

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Mobile app or CPU? On Android the photos seem to load fine.

abc

Yeah, we seem to have a drought of non-northeast TR this past season. (at least in terms of contributors and regions: it was always the same 2-3 people posting for the same regions). I was even then wondering if people got discouraged by the photo posting trouble I was having.

I certainly was. My TR only had 1/2 of the photos I took specifically for AZ. (and 1/2 of those were upside down!). Some days, I didn't feel like writing anything, would have prefer to just pin up a couple photos. Without the trouble of posting photos, I simply didn't bother posting at all.

When I was working, I read TRs as a "break" from work. Fortunately I wasn't working this past winter, or I'd be rather more depressed than other years from the lack of TRs.

prsboogie

Yeah, we seem to have a drought of non-northeast TR this past season. (at least in terms of contributors and regions: it was always the same 2-3 people posting for the same regions). I was even then wondering if people got discouraged by the photo posting trouble I was having.

I certainly was. My TR only had 1/2 of the photos I took specifically for AZ. (and 1/2 of those were upside down!). Some days, I didn't feel like writing anything, would have prefer to just pin up a couple photos. Without the trouble of posting photos, I simply didn't bother posting at all.

When I was working, I read TRs as a "break" from work. Fortunately I wasn't working this past winter, or I'd be rather more depressed than other years from the lack of TRs.
I barely posted mainly due to the shit functioning app! Will be moving on next season to that other site for the northeast with the great app and site development! 😋

drjeff

Just need to wait until we get a bit of an actually heat wave going on the East Coast for more than about 48hrs to get some of the usual cast of characters back to complaining about something! ;-)

I mean, Magic appears to be on its way to financial stability.... Jay Peak/Burke appears to be emerging quite well from the "Q era debacle"...... Killington appears to be a viable World Cup site, and plans exist for a replacement of a South Ridge lift....... There's a bunch of good value, multi resort pass options for us East Coasters......

I mean, those things alone probably added 10,000 posts or so to AZ over the last couple of years!!! We need a new controversy to give us something to bitch about!! :lol: ;-)

Jcb890

What is all this talk about people enjoying summer?!?!?

I kid...
We also like to hike and spend time outdoors, especially in our back yard with the dogs and hiking with our dogs.

Still, I loathe the heat and humidity. If its above 75-80*, I'm not a fan.

dlague

What is all this talk about people enjoying summer?!?!?

I kid...
We also like to hike and spend time outdoors, especially in our back yard with the dogs and hiking with our dogs.

Still, I loathe the heat and humidity. If its above 75-80*, I'm not a fan.
I understand! We phase into Summer by blending weekends with winter and Summer activities starting May and into June by mid June after A Jason's last day we go into full blown summer mode. Summer is short here since we are skiing October to June. Before we know it September is here and winter planning begins. BTW, summer is gear buying mode for us. Some of the best pricing online are in July/August.

Jcb890

I understand! We phase into Summer by blending weekends with winter and Summer activities starting May and into June by mid June after A Jason's last day we go into full blown summer mode. Summer is short here since we are skiing October to June. Before we know it September is here and winter planning begins. BTW, summer is gear buying mode for us. Some of the best pricing online are in July/August.

Yeah, I'm looking into possibly getting some new bindings and boots this season. Still trying to decide what to do about proper boot fitment since I think that's my issue with my current boots. Same for my wife on the boot front.

Smellytele

Oct - June here as well...