Opening Day 2017/2018 Season - New England - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Ok folks. Your comments have been heard and reviewed. Following Killingtons final day of the season we will be shutting down the ski forums until October 1st. Please focus your attention to our vibrant biking and hiking forums as well as the fishing and boating threads. I don't think there's been a golf thread started. Someone should get on that. I'm thinking a debate over 2 iron vs fairway wood would be a good one.

    Happy Summer!

    Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Hahahahahahahaha

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Posts
    2,044
    I am glad I have other interests to keep me busy thru the summer. Although, October and the beginning of November seem like forever waiting for mother nature to cooperate!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Ok folks. Your comments have been heard and reviewed. Following Killingtons final day of the season we will be shutting down the ski forums until October 1st. Please focus your attention to our vibrant biking and hiking forums as well as the fishing and boating threads. I don't think there's been a golf thread started. Someone should get on that. I'm thinking a debate over 2 iron vs fairway wood would be a good one.

    Happy Summer!

    Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app
    2 irons are for girly men!! Real men hit a 1 iron!! And hybrids are the equipment that people who ski on those short, funky parabolic skis use!!! Anything under a 220 downhill race ski with rigid lifter plates is for wimps!!

    Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

    '19 - '20 season:

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Gloucester, ME
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Anyone know why Sunday River had such a hard time opening last season? They didn't open til the 23rd of November...a month later than Killington. They usually open within 24 hours of each other. I know they didn't run the Locke chair to the midstation and tried the Aurora pod. Was it a complete failure?
    They had to install a new top terminal on Locke that wasn't completed until December. Therefore they were forced to come up with an alternative opening strategy, thus the Aurora plan. I fully expect them to go back to opening from the Locke midstation this year, and in all likelihood within a day or 2 of Killington.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Ok folks. Your comments have been heard and reviewed. Following Killingtons final day of the season we will be shutting down the ski forums until October 1st. Please focus your attention to our vibrant biking and hiking forums as well as the fishing and boating threads. I don't think there's been a golf thread started. Someone should get on that. I'm thinking a debate over 2 iron vs fairway wood would be a good one.

    Happy Summer!

    Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app
    I assume yoir kidding but ..... Perfect just in time for the Ski Vt Passes. Any other deals for who ever is interested - Well they are on their own.


    Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

  6. #26
    machski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northwood, NH (Sunday River, ME)
    Posts
    1,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverskier View Post
    They had to install a new top terminal on Locke that wasn't completed until December. Therefore they were forced to come up with an alternative opening strategy, thus the Aurora plan. I fully expect them to go back to opening from the Locke midstation this year, and in all likelihood within a day or 2 of Killington.
    Yes, early turns off Locke though I don't think they completely abandon the Aurora concept. At the least, I expect to see them start blowing over there maybe as soon as they start Locke, to allow for a quicker connection to Locke/Barker/Spruce. Though with a new Spruce Chair, Spruce could have more early focus.

    Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Ok folks. Your comments have been heard and reviewed. Following Killingtons final day of the season we will be shutting down the ski forums until October 1st. Please focus your attention to our vibrant biking and hiking forums as well as the fishing and boating threads. I don't think there's been a golf thread started. Someone should get on that. I'm thinking a debate over 2 iron vs fairway wood would be a good one.

    Happy Summer!



    Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app
    I hope you say that in jest, however, it would be understandable if at some point there was some sort of shut down for maintenance. If that were to happen I would make one request of management. That would be to fix the (or make easier) the photo mechanisms. For some reason I can't get my photos to mount properly and I did not write any TR's because of it this last season (and I did a lot of travel that may have been interesting to some). Just a request.

    Alex

    Lake Hopatcong, NJ

  8. #28
    Edd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post
    I hope you say that in jest, however, it would be understandable if at some point there was some sort of shut down for maintenance. If that were to happen I would make one request of management. That would be to fix the (or make easier) the photo mechanisms. For some reason I can't get my photos to mount properly and I did not write any TR's because of it this last season (and I did a lot of travel that may have been interesting to some). Just a request.

    Alex

    Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    All of these new threads indicate that North Korea has finally hacked AZ. It was inevitable, really.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post
    I hope you say that in jest, however, it would be understandable if at some point there was some sort of shut down for maintenance. If that were to happen I would make one request of management. That would be to fix the (or make easier) the photo mechanisms. For some reason I can't get my photos to mount properly and I did not write any TR's because of it this last season (and I did a lot of travel that may have been interesting to some). Just a request.

    Alex

    Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    Mobile app or CPU? On Android the photos seem to load fine.

    Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,159
    Yeah, we seem to have a drought of non-northeast TR this past season. (at least in terms of contributors and regions: it was always the same 2-3 people posting for the same regions). I was even then wondering if people got discouraged by the photo posting trouble I was having.

    I certainly was. My TR only had 1/2 of the photos I took specifically for AZ. (and 1/2 of those were upside down!). Some days, I didn't feel like writing anything, would have prefer to just pin up a couple photos. Without the trouble of posting photos, I simply didn't bother posting at all.

    When I was working, I read TRs as a "break" from work. Fortunately I wasn't working this past winter, or I'd be rather more depressed than other years from the lack of TRs.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 AM.