• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

17/18 First dartboard

bigbog

Once I get to complaining a little about the warmth so late in Fall I start to remember some of the warm Octobers northeast of Troy, NY(home) and into southern VT...back in the 60s and a totally green lawn, in the high 70s, on Thanksgiving Day in ...64' I think.

*Yeah Cat, once one would get over to Skowhegan and Kingfield....the white stuff started to really accumulate.

Last edited:

Jcb890

This warm weather and humidity sucks. If I wanted mid-70s and humid in the middle of October I'd move to Florida.

slatham

End of Oct into early Nov looking better. Heat wave ends. Lets hope this is a pattern change and not just a cold blast and then back to baking.....

ALLSKIING

Staff member
This is the difference of snow and ice in Asia and Canada from last year to this year. Big difference this year which should help a lot.
deef4dab503701995ea3fa94199dac40.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app

JimG.

Staff member
So, we will probably be starting to ski about mid-November.

Pretty much like every year for me.

Glenn

Looks like a rough stretch for the next 12-16 hours. Then a cool-down well into next week.

Glenn

We'll take it! I'm sure many mountains are going to want to resurface, then expand terrain for the upcoming Christmas break.

LostCosmonaut

We'll take it! I'm sure many mountains are going to want to resurface, then expand terrain for the upcoming Christmas break.

I'm heading out to Colorado in January, so I'm hoping it gets a lot better than it is now (I have other stuff planned for the trip, but still..)