• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

17/18 First dartboard

Jully

Sad looking forecast for the east if it ends up being warmer, but so ridiculously early. This year was already pretty warm IMO. Plenty of times for things to change!

Jcb890

Sad looking forecast for the east if it ends up being warmer, but so ridiculously early. This year was already pretty warm IMO. Plenty of times for things to change!
It looks to me like the Northeast shows as equal compared to almost the whole rest of the US being above.

Glenn

The best option is just waiting to see what happens. Year after year, no one know what will happen until we start getting into the actual winter.

dlague

It looks to me like the Northeast shows as equal compared to almost the whole rest of the US being above.
Above normal is less likely to be an issue in the east IMO since it can get super cold some days. The West on the other hand could be bad since the winter is often in the 15 to 35 degree range which if above normal might make the weather to warm. We will have wait and see. However the weather cycles in the east seem to fluctuate a lot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app

JimG.

Staff member
The best option is just waiting to see what happens. Year after year, no one know what will happen until we start getting into the actual winter.

Too logical.

After looking at the link provided it is clear to me that winter is cancelled this year.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
last year, we had a drought, local watering bans and concerns if the snow making ponds will have enough water. Here's this year drought conditions. So far so good, I haven't brought out the water sprinklers, may hold off since the lawn is still in good shape.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/RegionalDroughtMonitor.aspx?northeast

Last year's drought situation:
20160927_northeast_date.png

Glenn

It's been a very wet summer in SoVT; at least in our area. We've had some serious deluges in the last few months. One partially washed away a stone staircase on our property. Huge difference from last summer.