• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Mtn Expansion Details

I'll say that when it was first announced and having skied those woods for many years, I was surprised they said all intermediate and green. Then, when when i hiked in June, It was still pretty steep. I was disappointed to see the blasting, since it was taking the steep corners out. Have not been back since, but still looking forward to the winter.

catskillman

None of this is true. The VP of Projects for Peak did the layout and was heavily involved from Day 1.

You'll see.

Everyone is talking about it. They did do some re-blasting but apparently it did not take care of everything. I hear they are hoping to fix some issues with a ton of snow, and rework next season. They want to keep to their commitment

catskillman

agreed. I was up there this weekend and it is steep, and their is one curve that most felt would be hard to navigate for an intermediate

sull1102

This seams like a huge mistake for peaks to miss early on. Where the trails cut wrong? Did Peaks have blind face in contractors?
Really? Or perhaps mother nature threw them a curveball or the contractor made a simple error. Don't be so quick to jump on Peak cause it comes off as clearly very biased.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app

catskillman

I'll say that when it was first announced and having skied those woods for many years, I was surprised they said all intermediate and green. Then, when when i hiked in June, It was still pretty steep. I was disappointed to see the blasting, since it was taking the steep corners out. Have not been back since, but still looking forward to the winter.

True. However, I did say it was a rumor....however, it is from some folks that could be in the know, and then the usual also. Huge difference in hiking the blues at the top of Hunter 1 and the "new" blues.

tumbler

True. However, I did say it was a rumor....however, it is from some folks that could be in the know, and then the usual also. Huge difference in hiking the blues at the top of Hunter 1 and the "new" blues.

There is also a huge difference in hiking than skiing. Terrain appears much more steep when hiking.

catskillman

I have hiked the parkway, Hunter 1 and madison to midstation. I am in decent shape and the new trails, I need to figure out which 2 exactly we were on, are a tough hike. Shorter than the Parkway bur definitly steeper , and narrower in parts.

Hope to hike the others this weekend.

Funky_Catskills

I have hiked the parkway, Hunter 1 and madison to midstation. I am in decent shape and the new trails, I need to figure out which 2 exactly we were on, are a tough hike. Shorter than the Parkway bur definitly steeper , and narrower in parts.

Hope to hike the others this weekend.

Bring a slope-meter

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

Hey that's my line!!! :lol:

Automation in snowmaking is almost a given and no brained anywhere these days. If Mt Blow me better got their heads out of the sand they would realize the ROI on this. But ROI is 3 to many letters then those people can understand.

Point on the doll where Peaks touched you...

We're still waiting on the backstory to this FBGM!!! What patroller pulled your pass on a powder day at a Peaks resort??? What lift did you run before getting fired? The internet is waiting...

sull1102

I'm pretty sure we are getting very close to a breakthrough with him/her. When we got into the snowmaking they did seem to know maybe slightly more than the average Joe about the systems and everything. I'm going to guess former snowmaker at Mt Snow or maybe over at Crotched.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app

skiur

Who has a bigger grudge? FBGM with peaks, or HS with Powdr? You know you have reached epic status if you are even considered to be in the same class as HS!