Hunter Mtn Expansion Details - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by dhmcgill87 View Post
    Just spoke to customer service at Hunter - was told it is "very unlikely" that Hunter would open this weekend because of rain in the forecast. The tentative plan is to open early next week once temps improve again.

Bummer - was looking forward to getting some runs in this weekend. No way i make it up to Mt Snow or Wildcat.
    Damn R**N......

Quote Originally Posted by dhmcgill87 View Post
    Be there Wed morning! And Friday Morning before heading up to the World Cup at Killington for the weekend.

Like this. Was contemplating a day trip to mt snow Wednesday but Huntah will work and saves me from having to get up at 4am

Wait,so they are not making snow till Sunday and plan to open Tueday?Have they seen the forecast?
    SIKSKIER

Quote Originally Posted by SIKSKIER View Post
    Wait,so they are not making snow till Sunday and plan to open Tueday?Have they seen the forecast?
    I am sure they know the forecast. They will be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by SIKSKIER View Post
    They've already made snow...they're simply not resuming making more snow until Sunday. Although the wording of that announcement on twitter was quite poor for sure as it makes it sound like they're just starting to make snow on Sunday which is not accurate.

From the webcam views, looks like they've even groomed some of what they made out already.

I'm less optimistic than I was earlier in the week, but I think they will be okay. They had the guns on for 48 hours last weekend and covered basically one trail TTB (Hellgate to Broadway to Kennedy to Fifth Ave). Now, temps should allow another 24 hours of snowmaking Sunday to Monday night. Maybe they just reinforce that stretch, or cover one more trail.

Either way, I'm planning on being there Friday. Would be curious to hear how it is from anyone heading up earlier.

id like for windham or belle to get open next weekend so I can day trip on sunday and use my max. gotta work Friday, and have obligations in the city late Friday night that will keep me from a full weekend. something within 3 hours for sunday would be nice. should I check out wachusett?

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    They've already made snow...they're simply not resuming making more snow until Sunday. Although the wording of that announcement on twitter was quite poor for sure as it makes it sound like they're just starting to make snow on Sunday which is not accurate.

From the webcam views, looks like they've even groomed some of what they made out already.
    Got it.It says snowmaking will commence on Sunday.That sure sounded like starting and not resuming snowmaking.
    SIKSKIER

Thread Information