Hunter Mtn Expansion Details - Page 65

AlpineZone

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465
    Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    I guess its so people can ski White cloud and avoid Belt Parkway.
    Likely it's so they can just open and use White Cloud in some form again. After seeing what they'd wrought by putting in the Hunter North lift, they never opened WC last season - in fact it never looked like they even thought about it. It seemed fair to say that the "old" version of that trail, which funneled down right into the hairiest, iciest part of Belt behind the 6 pack, was never getting used again. Sad in my eyes, because I really liked White Cloud. But I don't like life-threatening injuries to others much less myself, and that seemed like a real possibility there. So at least now we'll get something out of this change.

Edit: on second reading, I see what you mean by "people can ski White Cloud and avoid Belt" - right, and it's a pretty good option to have, especially when Belt is unmanageably crowded.

If they do the same thing to Drop-off, you could get to the easiest trail on North (after they fix that mess). But you would have to cross the Belt still.
    NEVER SUMMER!

Quote Originally Posted by RichT View Post
    If they do the same thing to Drop-off, you could get to the easiest trail on North (after they fix that mess). But you would have to cross the Belt still.
    CROSS Belt? I have an idea of what that would look like

figure8.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/xqQ3r1gFJ3d72/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by So Inclined View Post
    CROSS Belt? I have an idea of what that would look like

figure8.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/xqQ3r1gFJ3d72/giphy.gif
    Killington style tunnel over belt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by So Inclined View Post
    Edit: on second reading, I see what you mean by "people can ski White Cloud and avoid Belt" - right, and it's a pretty good option to have, especially when Belt is unmanageably crowded.
    Belt is the hardest trail I have ever skied. Harder than Paradise at Mad River, The upper Cirque, or Great Scott at Snowbird, or anything I found at Alta on a day with poor conditions.

Got out the binoculars over the weekend (I can see the West/North from my house) looks like they put up a fence along the Whitecloud to Jimmy connection AND they dug out some of the Belt wall right there where the Belt, Whitecloud and the exit to the North lift met, making the Belt wider there?
    NEVER SUMMER!

Now that Vail owns the place..I can spend more time there when I don't feel like driving to Stowe...Only skied the North side a few times..rather sporty..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Thread Information