• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Mtn Expansion Details

JimG.

Staff member
There is another major major major, did I say major? development in the pipeline.......

I know this a a tease - stay turned.

I will spill when I get the OK, but thought it would be interesting to hear folks guess......

All the bathroom doors in the men's room will have locks?

catskillman

Releasing an app for tracking Blue Boy so you can either avoid him, or get an autograph.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

All guesses are great, the bathroom door lock I think happened for mountain jam. (I know they 'boarded' up a friends locker room to stop "things" from going on in there and I think he said they put hasps on the bathroom doors. have not verified that yet, but will next week.

I do like the BlueBoy app idea. And I am sure he will be flattered.

ScottySkis

I think it be a great thimg for the people who familys ski at hunter but they want less then all diamond trails.

catskillman

The writer was told to make a 500 word story from a 20 word announcement.

at the passholder party they had a map of the proposed dev. Russ was there answering guestions. He said they were "hoping" that after grading the new trails could be classified as blue.

You will no longer be able to ski from White Cloud to Wayout. The new lift will be unloading there. This is hard to imagine.. at least to me and the others that were there.

This whole thing is still in the permit process and then there is the DEP and EPA.

On a very sad note.... there has been no rain, Katerskill Falls is dry. The snow making pond is way down. Rumor has it they are shooting for a Dec 1 opening.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
at the passholder party they had a map of the proposed dev. Russ was there answering guestions. He said they were "hoping" that after grading the new trails could be classified as blue.

You will no longer be able to ski from White Cloud to Wayout. The new lift will be unloading there. This is hard to imagine.. at least to me and the others that were there.

This whole thing is still in the permit process and then there is the DEP and EPA.

On a very sad note.... there has been no rain, Katerskill Falls is dry. The snow making pond is way down. Rumor has it they are shooting for a Dec 1 opening.

2-3 inches of rain thru Wed. That should help! Not happy about Route 80 missing...

KustyTheKlown

yea I hiked up at brace mountain this weekend and the waterfall was a pathetic little trickle

I also went to suarez. that is some damn fine beer.