• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Mtn Expansion Details

Tdizzle

Like the lift line is not long enough now - and that lift is painfully slow. What a mess that will be!

People wait in line for that lift? I never go weekends so I only come across that lift open when the 6 pack is closed for wind. The chairs on that lift are really close to the poles, hence the accident in 2014. Swapping them out for doubles would solve that problem. There are certainly older chairs than D out there in the world that are still running. I'm wondering if there might be a new safety requirement.

jg17

Interesting to change from a triple to a double. Are the rest of the triple chairs still on the line?

Riding D lift is painful, but still better than standing in line. It would be nice to see B lift go detachable and use the current B to replace D. Maybe even throw in a loading carpet and bump up the line speed a bit. Oh well, one can dream...

catskillman

People wait in line for that lift? I never go weekends so I only come across that lift open when the 6 pack is closed for wind. The chairs on that lift are really close to the poles, hence the accident in 2014. Swapping them out for doubles would solve that problem. There are certainly older chairs than D out there in the world that are still running. I'm wondering if there might be a new safety requirement.

The lift has not been open most of the season. It will get a line for sure. When the 6 pack line is insane. The B lift is also painfully slow, and only takes you to intermediate terrain, the park and one green. The race trail is always closed. So when the 6 pack is packed, whidch is every weekend all day, D at least takes to to some black, 1 double idanmond and a couple of blues.

Tdizzle

Interesting to change from a triple to a double. Are the rest of the triple chairs still on the line?

Riding D lift is painful, but still better than standing in line. It would be nice to see B lift go detachable and use the current B to replace D. Maybe even throw in a loading carpet and bump up the line speed a bit. Oh well, one can dream...

They only had one double chair installed on the line in the loading area. Maybe it was a sample to make sure it fit. The new chair does have a footrest, which is nice. I heard from someone else up at Hunter that modern triple chairs are too wide to fit the existing line gauge.

BenedictGomez

I love the D

shocked-will-smith.gif

Funky_Catskills

Well - The Northface was a game changer for me.
I rode it a bunch yesterday and got my last turns on it.
My car was one of 2 in the lot.
The trails/lift were empty too. And in decent shape.
Just feels like a different place to me since it's not blasted out of the mountain.

It's sad to look up there today and see all that snow with no lift spinning..

Funky_Catskills

I miss that chair.. :) Tucked away on the mountain. Lifty's would play reggae music...
AND if had that tower in the choke of Racers Edge that messed up intermediates. :)
Such a distant memory...