• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Mtn Expansion Details

mbedle

I Don't think the purpose of the 6 pack was to get the early morning rush out of the base area. There are only parking for 250 cars. Say an average of 2 people per car and it would only take 83 chairs to get all of them up to the top. Is there any beginner runs from the top of the new lift to the main base area? Got to figure that they will have some pretty big warning signs up stating no beginner terrain from the top of this lift.

raisingarizona

I Don't think the purpose of the 6 pack was to get the early morning rush out of the base area. There are only parking for 250 cars. Say an average of 2 people per car and it would only take 83 chairs to get all of them up to the top. Is there any beginner runs from the top of the new lift to the main base area? Got to figure that they will have some pretty big warning signs up stating no beginner terrain from the top of this lift.

Not it's soul purpose but it's a benefit. Whatever.

Scruffy

Not green, but the Belt ( blue ) has been a de-facto beginner run for years since all the green beginner runs are on Hunter One and that region of the mountain. Should be a fun little pod, esp. if the glade between fills in with enough snow to cover the rocks. If nothing else, it'll help keep the the intermediates entertained and off the blacks for a while.

jg17

Today on Hunter's Instagram... looks like sheave trains and tower heads are arriving in bulk and being prepared for fly day!

Screenshot_20181004-195803_Instagram.jpg

tnt1234

Will they have that up this season??? They put these things up so fast!

catskillman

It will be up and running for this season!

Oh it will. Watched the chopper for a while this morning. The mountain I am sure will post photos that are better than mine.

Well worth watching. Folks all lined up all along Ford Hills Rd and 23A.

mriceyman

Talk about dangerous jobs! Those guys have balls of steel

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

p_levert

In a video released today, the guy says that the new 6 pack is 3200 ft long with 1000 ft vertical. Wow, that's actually pretty steep. The length/vert ratio of 3.2 compares with 4.0 for most of the lifts at Okemo, which are true intermediate pitch.

The video also show a bit of the trail map. Nice, 4 glade areas!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1057727449767788544