Hunter Mtn Expansion Details - Page 74

AlpineZone

Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
    are you suggesting that the weight of a Hunter mountain Cheese burger contributed to these accidents?
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 19
    Ski Visits in VT
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 23

Ski Roundtop
    11/16, 11/17, 11/23, 12/20 (LR), 12/21, 12/22, 12/23, 12/26 (LR), 12/27 (LR), 12/28, 12/30 (LR), 12/31 (LR), 1/2 (LR), 1/3 (LR), 1/5, 1/17 (LR), 1/18, 1/20, 1/24 (LR)

Breckenridge 1/9,1/10
    Keystone 1/11
    Arapahoe Basin 1/12

LR=Lunch Runs

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Well..a lot of them were kids trying to get down a pretty icy mogul field..littered with people..trying to get down an icy mogul field.
    Sound pretty dramatic.. Poor shitty skier kids... Was the weeping and gnashing of the teeth?
    Did you call DYFS?

But yeah - good - next time they will learn to stay the fuck out of the pretty icy mogul field..

Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    It was not a mogul field. It was just icy and they were going too fast for the conditions. All the incidents were also after lunch.
    There were a lot of variables.. Old and untuned equipment as well..
    I rode that face dozens of times and only had a blast!

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    are you suggesting that the weight of a Hunter mountain Cheese burger contributed to these accidents?
    Nope, Alcohol or Ganga might have.

Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    It was not a mogul field. It was just icy and they were going too fast for the conditions. All the incidents were also after lunch.
    Exactly which day are you referring to...when I was there it had moguls on it...I remember it pretty well.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Are you talking about Hunter North? I believe thatís where the accidents occurred. The people must have been highly intoxicated or not in control to have skied into a tree. Those trails skied like any other blue, so for sure itís not the trail ratings. Hunter attracts a lot of beginner skiers from NYC. I havenít done research on this, but what I suspect happened is that somebody who was not a very talented skier thought it would be cool to skip Hunter East (One) completely and go directly to the brand new trails. Once he went here, he lost control and unfortunately passed away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Slidebrook87 View Post
    Are you talking about Hunter North? I believe thatís where the accidents occurred. The people must have been highly intoxicated or not in control to have skied into a tree. Those trails skied like any other blue, so for sure itís not the trail ratings. Hunter attracts a lot of beginner skiers from NYC. I havenít done research on this, but what I suspect happened is that somebody who was not a very talented skier thought it would be cool to skip Hunter East (One) completely and go directly to the brand new trails. Once he went here, he lost control and unfortunately passed away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not true.

Hunter/Peak Resorts quickly changed their rating to Blue/Black (they put a black diamond inside the blue square with electrical tape).

Vail has now changed them to Black, and left some off the trail map.

For a refresher - read the article in this months Ski magazine. However, it only speaks to the deaths and the 2 broken legs on opening day, not the 50+ injuries during the season.

We went down it..lots of people on their asses..lots of kids..it was just a hard run at the time..no one died that day. Then we went down it about 4 or 5 more times..people were just having trouble with it. We liked it. I guess they were expecting a blue cruiser..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

I can't believe you guys are still debating this. If you don't know the facts about the 3 completely separate incidents then don't comment. Lets enjoy Hunter North!
    From yesterday.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/C3N1m1aqoSXhHXzZ7

Agreed..ski on!
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Thread Information