• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Mtn Expansion Details

JimG.

Staff member
Has nothing to do with Russ. Peaks is calling the shots and they have decided you will go to Mt. Snow or Wildcat if you want early season skiing.

dhmcgill87

Just spoke to customer service at Hunter - was told it is "very unlikely" that Hunter would open this weekend because of rain in the forecast. The tentative plan is to open early next week once temps improve again.

Bummer - was looking forward to getting some runs in this weekend. No way i make it up to Mt Snow or Wildcat.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Just spoke to customer service at Hunter - was told it is "very unlikely" that Hunter would open this weekend because of rain in the forecast. The tentative plan is to open early next week once temps improve again.

Bummer - was looking forward to getting some runs in this weekend. No way i make it up to Mt Snow or Wildcat.

Damn R**N......

SnowRock

Like this. Was contemplating a day trip to mt snow Wednesday but Huntah will work and saves me from having to get up at 4am

cdskier

Wait,so they are not making snow till Sunday and plan to open Tueday?Have they seen the forecast?

They've already made snow...they're simply not resuming making more snow until Sunday. Although the wording of that announcement on twitter was quite poor for sure as it makes it sound like they're just starting to make snow on Sunday which is not accurate.

From the webcam views, looks like they've even groomed some of what they made out already.

dhmcgill87

I'm less optimistic than I was earlier in the week, but I think they will be okay. They had the guns on for 48 hours last weekend and covered basically one trail TTB (Hellgate to Broadway to Kennedy to Fifth Ave). Now, temps should allow another 24 hours of snowmaking Sunday to Monday night. Maybe they just reinforce that stretch, or cover one more trail.

Either way, I'm planning on being there Friday. Would be curious to hear how it is from anyone heading up earlier.

KustyTheKlown

id like for windham or belle to get open next weekend so I can day trip on sunday and use my max. gotta work Friday, and have obligations in the city late Friday night that will keep me from a full weekend. something within 3 hours for sunday would be nice. should I check out wachusett?

SIKSKIER

They've already made snow...they're simply not resuming making more snow until Sunday. Although the wording of that announcement on twitter was quite poor for sure as it makes it sound like they're just starting to make snow on Sunday which is not accurate.

From the webcam views, looks like they've even groomed some of what they made out already.
Got it.It says snowmaking will commence on Sunday.That sure sounded like starting and not resuming snowmaking.