Hunter Mtn Expansion Details - Page 76

AlpineZone

Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Catskills View Post
    A cool little parking area with a ticket booth and a food truck - drive past the Hunter entrance and go a couple minutes outside of the Village - on the left.. A mile from my house...!!!! BOOM!!!
    I'm just asking because when that video was shot, I don't think the north side lift was running.

I'm still quite confused about these incidents. When I skied the trails, they were like any other blue on the mountain. Can someone please explain to me why it could be seen as the mountain's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Slidebrook87 View Post
    I'm still quite confused about these incidents. When I skied the trails, they were like any other blue on the mountain. Can someone please explain to me why it could be seen as the mountain's fault?
    More to do with today's society and the perspective that when something goes wrong, it can never be the "fault" of the individual, but instead must be the fault of someone/something else.
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,7,14,15,21,26,27,28,29,30 (Mount Snow) 16 (Mount Southington) 22 (Okemo) 31 (Berkshire East)
    January: 1,4,5,11,12,18,19,20,25,26 (Mount Snow) 6,13,23 (Mount Southington)

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    More to do with today's society and the perspective that when something goes wrong, it can never be the "fault" of the individual, but instead must be the fault of someone/something else.
    Exactly what I was thinking, but people were saying it was the mountain's fault. That's why I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    ding ding ding

Exactly what I was thinking, but people were saying it was the mountain's fault. That's why I asked.
    There's a population of people that will stop at nothing to diss on Hunter..
    They may've not been there for 20 years but they remember when they pissed themselves looking down Clairs in 1981... And how afraid they were - and how they couldn't "man up" and enjoy it..

Clair's and Anna..never get tired of them. The West side is still one of my favorite places to ski on the E coast..secluded, steep. When its good you can spend a day back there..and you will feel it the next day.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

I'm still quite confused about these incidents. When I skied the trails, they were like any other blue on the mountain.
    I don't know of any other fully-covered Hunter blues that patrol will keep closed until the afternoon, so the temps can warm and soften them a bit as they might West runs like Clair's. But I've seen that happen on Overlook.

IMO it's a hard blue in good conditions, albeit one which offers a particular set of temptations (width, steepness, lack of crowds) which can be a lot of fun for very competent skiers and very dangerous for less adept, possibly-tanked-up, straightliner bombers. Marking and marketing it originally as "intermediate" obscured the latter part.
    Last edited by So Inclined; Dec 4, 2019 at 6:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RichT View Post
    I want to see the rest of the video where that guy had to CC ski a few hundred feet, because the run-out doesn't have enough pitch for that snow depth.
    Skied right to our car, no walking required.

Thread Information