Hunter Mtn Expansion Details - Page 62

AlpineZone

Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Dirty Noodle View Post
    Speaking of drones, do any mountains allow them? What about a tracking drone that was also tethered to the rider? I saw footage from a kite drone the other day and it actually works/looks really good. Id love to get one but knowing theyre banned at most mountains is what keeps me from pulling the trigger
    A 360 cam looks like a drone following you closely as it even blocks out the pole its on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danimals View Post
    A 360 cam looks like a drone following you closely as it even blocks out the pole its on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The drone Im looking a flies anywhere from 5-50 yards back and shoots with 4 lenses at staggered zooms, plus a slow-mo so you can add real digital zoom in post... aka gnarwal McGarwal footage

Breaking news from Hunter's morning email !!!

"Please be aware that Ski Patrol is currently assessing Hunter North and Hunter West. If conditions allow, we anticipate Overlook and Rusk Road will be open on Hunter North along with the Northern Express. Please stay tuned for opening times on Twilight and Rips Return as well as Wayout on Hunter West."

Apparently they still don't understand it's difficult to get to Rusk Road unless Wayout (or at least Clair's) is open. ⛷️

How do these people still have a job?? The obviously do not ride/ski the mountain they work for.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    In the old days of racing ,drivers were killed at an alarming rate. They would go off into the woods..and die. Now they have barriers to prevent that...hmm..what an amazing idea. A gate to go in the woods that is either open..or closed and problem solved. A lot easier than re pitching anything.
    And yet, a fence didn't prevent this young lady's death at Shawnee (though there also are allegations against her boarding school and its racing coach):
    https://www.poconorecord.com/news/20190302/shawnee-mountain-ski-area-named-in-wrongful-death-suit

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4117852/15-year-old-boarding-school-student-killed-skiing-Pocono-Mountains-resort.html

If it's snowin' I'm goin'

Hitting anything at high speed can kill you..theres no guarantee of anything. But its better than hitting a tree. But we ski the trees and take our chances. Skiing will never be considered a safe sport. Probably why we like it.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Does anyone know the full details on the D Lift chairs being replaced with double chairs? We were wondering if it has anything to do with the incident from a few years ago. They have one double chair on the line now. All week they were clearing brush from under that lift line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdizzle View Post
    Does anyone know the full details on the D Lift chairs being replaced with double chairs? We were wondering if it has anything to do with the incident from a few years ago. They have one double chair on the line now. All week they were clearing brush from under that lift line.

Like the lift line is not long enough now - and that lift is painfully slow. What a mess that will be!

Quote Originally Posted by catskillman View Post
    Like the lift line is not long enough now - and that lift is painfully slow. What a mess that will be!
    People wait in line for that lift? I never go weekends so I only come across that lift open when the 6 pack is closed for wind. The chairs on that lift are really close to the poles, hence the accident in 2014. Swapping them out for doubles would solve that problem. There are certainly older chairs than D out there in the world that are still running. I'm wondering if there might be a new safety requirement.

Interesting to change from a triple to a double. Are the rest of the triple chairs still on the line?

Riding D lift is painful, but still better than standing in line. It would be nice to see B lift go detachable and use the current B to replace D. Maybe even throw in a loading carpet and bump up the line speed a bit. Oh well, one can dream...
    Joe

2018/19 - 36 days
    Hunter - 11/17, 11/25, 12/8, 1/26, 3/16, 3/24
    Big Boulder - 11/18, 11/23, 1/4, 1/11, 1/18, 3/3
    Mount Snow - 11/24, 4/6, 4/7
    Camelback - 12/15
    Waterville Valley - 12/29
    Jack Frost - 1/6, 1/12, 1/19, 1/27, 2/23, 3/2
    Mountain Creek - 1/13, 1/15, 3/8, 3/9, 3/17
    Jackson Hole - 2/3, 2/4, 2/5
    Park City - 2/7, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10
    Wachusett - 2/16

Quote Originally Posted by Tdizzle View Post
    People wait in line for that lift? I never go weekends so I only come across that lift open when the 6 pack is closed for wind. The chairs on that lift are really close to the poles, hence the accident in 2014. Swapping them out for doubles would solve that problem. There are certainly older chairs than D out there in the world that are still running. I'm wondering if there might be a new safety requirement.
    The lift has not been open most of the season. It will get a line for sure. When the 6 pack line is insane. The B lift is also painfully slow, and only takes you to intermediate terrain, the park and one green. The race trail is always closed. So when the 6 pack is packed, whidch is every weekend all day, D at least takes to to some black, 1 double idanmond and a couple of blues.

Thread Information