• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Mtn Expansion Details

Yup!

for real - it's awesome. Not sure why people need to be so negative all the god damn time.
I had the best time on the new terrain this weekend. No lines... Open trails... Great pitch for me. Snow was sweet!!!!

This is a move to return hunter to it's glory days.. I live in the village and i know it's going to be a good thing for us and revitalize!!!

tnt1234

I haven't made it to hunter this year, but yeah, I'm excited about this new terrain. It looks nice.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
I got 1 run in from the 6 pack, when I tried to enter the lift line I was told by the scanner man that it was closed and to head to B and take F to ski from the top. Hence, my comments on B. I would not have been on it at all if the 6 pack was open.

Must have been for 5-10 minutes, cause I came down after the mechanical issue and it was open. That does constitute the entire morning asshat. Go to Windham and complain about them....

catskillman

Must have been for 5-10 minutes, cause I came down after the mechanical issue and it was open. That does constitute the entire morning asshat. Go to Windham and complain about them....

WOW - name calling now. The liftie told me it was closed. Get on his but. You complain just as much, and I know you and have heard plenty from you and your crew at your morning table......

Saved by Hunter North today. South winds all day kept top and west closed. North was great.

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
It's true that a guy died on the 6, but it was a heart attack.

As for the rumors about more deaths on the North side i'm not so sure. As for the guy at the bar dying nd people getting cuffed and arrested at bar, I don't think so, yes I did ask Jon, Vickie and Jerry about it.

skiwhizzer

It's true that a guy died on the 6, but it was a heart attack.

As for the rumors about more deaths on the North side i'm not so sure. As for the guy at the bar dying nd people getting cuffed and arrested at bar, I don't think so, yes I did ask Jon, Vickie and Jerry about it.

I heard a rumor Rips Return?

Obituary of Edward Chu

Edward Allen Chu, age 24, passed away on Saturday, February 2, 2019; after injuries sustained in a tragic skiing accident in Hunter NY. He was born in Jersey City; Edward had spent most of his life in Warren, NJ.

Last edited: