Signs that Ski Season is getting closer - Page 15

AlpineZone

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    We run with all season tires only. They are pretty darn good these days.

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app
    we run all terrains year round. Work great.

Hybrid All Terrains (AT/MT hybrid) yr round on my truck. All seasons on wife's SUV until late November when snows go on until early April

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app
    2018-19
    Wildcat 11/10

2017-2018 Days: 51
    2016-2017 Days: 51
    2015-2016 Days: 25
    2014-2015 Days: 36
    2013-2014 Days: 25
    2012-2013 Days: 16
    2011-2012 Days: 25
    2010-2011 Days: 24
    2009-2010 Days: 47

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    We run with all season tires only. They are pretty darn good these days.

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app
    Does Colorado require snowtires?

I have a max pass this year, so I've been looking at ski area web sites and trail maps. Doing some home work, getting an idea of the terrain at the ski areas I'll go to that I don't know well, or don't know at all.

Glad I got my car inspected, my oil changed, a four wheel alignment, complete interior/exterior detail and new snow tires. Let it snow, my car is ready-is yours? Anyone that tells you that all season tires work as good as snow tires in snow and ice doesn't know what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    I have a max pass this year, so I've been looking at ski area web sites and trail maps. Doing some home work, getting an idea of the terrain at the ski areas I'll go to that I don't know well, or don't know at all.

Glad I got my car inspected, my oil changed, a four wheel alignment, complete interior/exterior detail and new snow tires. Let it snow, my car is ready-is yours? Anyone that tells you that all season tires work as good as snow tires in snow and ice doesn't know what they are talking about.
    Don't forget to take out the summer air in those tires!! Topped off your blinker fluid yet?
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    I tried that with the grabber AT2. I didn't think it was an upgrade in the snow from my all seasons.

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    I did that up until about 5 or 6 years ago (including the 4 years back when I lived in Rochester, NY). It worked well, but I still think dedicated snow tires are better from my experience. My reasoning for using AT originally was for better snow traction but still only having one tire year round (I was a college kid at the time I started doing that, so two sets of tires was not an option). Now that I have dedicated snow tires I would not go back to running either AS or AT all year as long as I'm going up to VT every weekend.

For all wheel/4 wheel, all seasons are ok. But my Frontier still slid more than I like last winter. For the Golf and GTI in the house, they are getting snows mounted on dedicated wheels so I can swap out at home. Much easier as I can wait to change over if winter delays easily. I also go to minus 1 wheel size on the winters, GTI will just barely allow but it saves about $50/tire at least. And the greater profile tire for snow is better IMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Killington opened on this day (Oct 13) in 2012. https://snowdaze.com/killington-historical-snowfall

Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    Killington opened on this day (Oct 13) in 2012. https://snowdaze.com/killington-historical-snowfall
    Sigh

Thread Information