• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Used skis

Sparky

I have been making Adirondack chairs for various members of my family, but I'm now running out of used skis. Does anyone know of a source for skis that are no longer usable?

Attachments

• IMG_1862_kindlephoto-1438276.jpg
    IMG_1862_kindlephoto-1438276.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 227

Hawkshot99

If your near JP as your location shows, have you considered going and talking to the rental shop? At the end of the season when they get rid of a bunch of rentals they may be willing to give you a call.

trackbiker

Talk to people who run ski swaps. People who haven't skied in years bring in their old skis thinking they are saleable. They usually tell the people they won't accept them or that they can dispose of the skis for them. Maybe you could agree to take the unsaleable skis.

bdfreetuna

Anything but Craigslist. I go on there just for laughs, people trying to get close to MSRP for 25 year old skis.

dlague

Some ski manufactures will let you pick up defects and over stock stuff but they will destroy the base before giving them away. We have a ramp ski like that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app

skifastjared

This may not help you out long term, but I saved some skis that my neighbors were going to trash that I originally planned on using for the same reason as you but never got around to making the chairs and they've been sitting in my storage for a few years now. Probably 3-4 pairs in reasonably good condition. I'm in Northern NJ so not super close to you but if you want to shoot me a PM I can get some pictures of the skis I have and we can find a way to get them to you...no charge for them.