• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Breckenridge 2-19-07 powder day

loafer89

Area skied: Breckenridge , C.O

Date skied: February 19th, 2007 from 9:30am-3:00pm

Surface conditions: 6" of new, packed powder.

We began the day with the drive to Breckenridge with only flurries falling at Keystone and only about 1" of new snow in downtown Breckenridge.

We started our day with a parking spot right next to the new Breck Connect gondola which took us up the mountain to the Bergenhof and we took a run down Northstar making powder turns in 3" of light powder.

Next up was a run down Claimjumper to the Independence Super chair for deep powder runs in Ore Bucket glade. The powder higher up on the mountain was beckoning to me so I took a ride up the T-bar and down Peak 7 Bowl making kick turns in 4-6" of powder.

Warren and I made our way to chair 6 and I convinced him to take a run on the Imperial Express Superchair which is the highest chairlift in North America at 12,840'. The run was great with fresh untracked snow still to be found.

Chair 6 had the deepest snow with about 8" in spots on Lobo and Double Barrel. Great powder bumps where found on Lower Boneyard.

Warren skied Corsair off Peak 9 and the trail was loaded with powder moguls top to bottom and he skied it without falling which was cool.

Crowds where minimal with at best a 5 minute wait and ski on access to nearly every lift.

Last edited:

loafer89

We just finished our trip to Summit County yesterday and skied at Copper Mountain with 8" of feather light powder and phenominal powder skiing in Union Bowl which had boot top deep snow.

Our trip as a whole:

Keystone 2/16: 8" new.
Arapahoe Basin 2/17 14" new.
Breckenridge 2/19: 6" new.
Copper Mountain: 8" new.

Anyone headed out there should have a great time. I will post a trip reports and pictures when I get home from Las Vegas

loafer89

Some pictures from Breckenridge:

View from T-Bar of the base of Peak 8:

ViewfromT-Bar.jpg

Peak 7 Bowl:

Peak7Bowl.jpg

Imperial Bowl, North America's highest chairlift at 12,840:

ImperialBowl.jpg

Imperial Bowl and the Chair 6 area:

Chair6andImperialBowl.jpg

Ore Bucket Glade in the Peak 7 area:

OreBucketGlade.jpg