• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boots n' Buckles

Jully

Yeah, OCD. You probably start twitching if you haven't rotated your tires in 5k miles.

I'm fucking busy All.the.Time. When I am not - I have a choice of how to spend my "free" time - and one thing I NEVER do is go back to my boots and buckle them up after drying (I think buckling up right after skiing doesn't help dry them, so I leave loose). Anal retentive people care. I bet if they were busier and they didn't go back and buckle boots they wouldn't even notice - they'd be grateful the stars aligned to allow them to ski! I got 300 days on my 5-6 yr old boots last time - longevity not an issue :)

Eh, I'm generally not that way (couldn't tell you when my last tire rotation was) and I'm not particularly anal. I'm not exactly drowning in free time either, but I just buckle my boots back up before leaving the mountain for the day. Never had an issue with drying before.

Longevity of a pair of boots certainly has some variability and randomness to it, but getting 300 days out of a pair of boots that aren't buckled during the offseason clearly indicates that buckling isn't critical for boot lifespan, but no one was ever suggesting that (I think).

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I boot up in the car and leave my shoes on the dash in the sun . On the way up I leave them on the floor by the heater unbuckled from my last trip they seem easier to get in if I leave them open . I buckle them off season on the lowest tension buckle only take the liners out if skiing consecutive days . Can't say enough about Dalbello plastic quality hiked a lot of Trail miles in them and they held up .

mister moose

I got 300 days on my 5-6 yr old boots last time - longevity not an issue :)

Agree. I have at least double that on my current pair with replacement liners. I've probably lost a few digits on the flex rating at this point, but I can live with that. 2 pairs ago I took to them to failure on the upper buckle plastic tongue.

Good quality shells can last a long time. Whether you buckle them during storage or not.

samorman222

I have some Boots I used them in Hiking and these boots have buckled at the top and these boots are so comfortable and durable they keep my feet warm in the cold winter, I have cross strap boots and I have got these beautiful boots from a brand called Lethato and they make classic and durable boots that can wear on any outfit and I have 2 or 3 pairs of Leather Boots, I can even use them in hiking or for walking on the snow and my wife really love these boots.

darent

hard to believe that their are people that don't have the free time to buckle a boot or rotate a tire, maybe even wax the top of your skis!!

asnowmobiler

I always start with the Booster Strap so I can get the top buckle started with my fat calfs, then the second from the top to pull my foot back into the pocket along with a few bangs on the floor with the heal to help set it and then the bottom two in no particular order. Once I flex them a little or take a run, I go back and adjust if needed.

granite

I tie my shoes when I wear them also.Brainfart on me.

Do you untie them when you take them off, or just pull-yank-use the other foot to pry them off-leave them tied until you put them on again?