• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow: Inside Track

asnowmobiler

Are there any plans to update or bulldoze Snow Lake Lodge? We stayed there this weekend and couldn't believe how much of a dump it was, it was relatively clean but wow that place needs work..
Last time I stayed at the Gland Summit, I was calling this place the Grand Slummit.

drjeff

Are there any plans to update or bulldoze Snow Lake Lodge? We stayed there this weekend and couldn't believe how much of a dump it was, it was relatively clean but wow that place needs work..
Last time I stayed at the Gland Summit, I was calling this place the Grand Slummit.

Replacement of the Snow Lake Lodge is in the master plan that the mountain is currently working through. I believe that it's in the Phase 2 part of the original master plan, and if so, fundraising for that part has begun, with no real timetable yet as to when phase 2 may begin....

machski

Replacement of the Snow Lake Lodge is in the master plan that the mountain is currently working through. I believe that it's in the Phase 2 part of the original master plan, and if so, fundraising for that part has begun, with no real timetable yet as to when phase 2 may begin....
Fundraising, that is a funny term. I assume you mean soliciting for EB-5 investors. Wouldn't call it fundraising though, unless Peaks has gone non-profit charity.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com

It's in the long term plan, but we don't have any short-term plans to do that. We agree that it's aged for sure, but this is part of the reason why we have rates so affordable there, as compared to The Grand Summit.

Jcb890

It seems funny to see the term "fundraising" used for investing money into the mountain or operations when it was as busy as it was on Saturday. It makes me think of money being tight or something along those lines, but I guess it doesn't always take that definition.

asnowmobiler

It's in the long term plan, but we don't have any short-term plans to do that. We agree that it's aged for sure, but this is part of the reason why we have rates so affordable there, as compared to The Grand Summit.

I'm glad you included "as compared to Grand Summit" because $176 a night was a bit much for that place.
It's great that you are on this site, thanks for the fast reply.

njdiver85

I'm glad you included "as compared to Grand Summit" because $176 a night was a bit much for that place.

Compared to other "on mountain" hotels, $176 is pretty reasonable. It's unfortunate, but true.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Compared to other "on mountain" hotels, $176 is pretty reasonable. It's unfortunate, but true.

Yeah...it's a good deal midweek for $100 a night. Walk to the hill. Very nice breakfast spread. Indoor and outdoor hot tubs. Hard to think of another mountain with that kind of setup.

Lodge at Mount Snow (across the street from the Snow Lake) is another good deal. Better breakfast and nicer/larger rooms.

asnowmobiler

It wasn't too disappointing, because of the reviews gave me a good idea what we were getting into. I just wanted something close to the slopes, but after using the Moover buses, I found I can stay anywhere and still have easy access to the mountain.
Those buses are great, they even have an app to track when the bus will show up. Are they run by the town or MS?

skifree

I find it for a crash place to be fine. sss and breakfast. i'm not looking to buy the place.

mtsnow123

That is correct! They are an amazing service for our valley to have. We wish more people knew about them and took advantage of it. Plus, busses make après waaaay better!

Did the name change away from Deerfield Valley Transit Authority (DVTA)? I must say, I have been going to Mount Snow on a monthly basis since October of 2004 and when the buses run during the ski season, life is good. Make breakfast, and once the bus passes the window: you have 15 minutes to be ready for the next bus. Good apres purposes too. Cuzzins until 4:45 PM and catch the 5 PM last call Moover back to the condo.

drjeff

Love the Moover bus service! Literally step out of my condo, walk 50ft, get on the Moover, drops me off right next to the Mount Snow Ski Club building in the base area, and then grab the 5PM (last bus run of the day for my condo complex) Moover home.

If my kids don't have an away race on a weekend, I literally park my car Friday night and don't start it up until Sunday afternoon, and never have to walk too far to get where I'm going! One of the best, "decent sized" budget line items in my condo associations annual expenses for sure!

skifree

Didn't no they charged associations. I have taken it from my friends house down by river valley market for booze fests and what not.
Just make sure you get on it heading north. Long trip the other way.

drjeff

Didn't no they charged associations. I have taken it from my friends house down by river valley market for booze fests and what not.
Just make sure you get on it heading north. Long trip the other way.

Yup, the various condo associations that have Moover service are charged a fee by the DVTA. The routes where it's along route 100 and down to Brattleboro are I believe all from federal and possibly state of VT funds. Not sure if Mount Snow does or doesn't pay for their Moover use to shuttle people from the outer lots to the base area and/or in between the main base lodge, Sundance Lodge and Carinthia.

Edd

Excellent conditions yesterday after the snow. My wife loves the place and there was soft powder everywhere. After the storm today it’ll be amazing. IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2796.jpg