• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow: Inside Track

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Thanks for the quick response Mt Snow. Great that you're part of our community and information flow. I'll make sure I just park in the main lots as per previous seasons.

One last question and I'll stop bothering you as I'm sure you've got more important things to handle. I just received an email about Cyber Monday deals. Most seem great and I'll probably take advantage of one or two, but I was looking at reviews of the Snow Lake Lodge offer and am disturb. Is this property part of Mt Snow? I want to bring my ski activity and friends to your area, but is this Lodge as rundown as it is reviewed? I don't require first class lodging all the time, but with a large family and friends I also don't want to be embarrassed if some of the reviews are true. Your candor is appreciated.
Thank you.

It's not the newest place we own, and you pay for what you get, so $60 per night at a ski area...I'll let you decide from there, but I'll say it's really popular with budget concious college kids. If you're bringing friends, I'd suggest the Grand Summit Hotel, or one of our many condos!

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Firing snowmaking back up once we get the temps on Sunday. Resurfacing, fortifying, expanding width, and prepping for additional terrain will be the name of the game. Probably a 36 hour run.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Most seem great and I'll probably take advantage of one or two, but I was looking at reviews of the Snow Lake Lodge offer and am disturb. Is this property part of Mt Snow? I want to bring my ski activity and friends to your area, but is this Lodge as rundown as it is reviewed? I don't require first class lodging all the time, but with a large family and friends I also don't want to be embarrassed if some of the reviews are true. Your candor is appreciated.
Thank you.

It's pretty dilapidated...it'll get the axe within 5-10 years I'd imagine. It's supposed to get torn down in the master plan. The rooms are very small with paper thin walls. Last time I stayed there was 2015 and I don't think TV's were flatscreens. Breakfast is good, indoor/outdoor pools are good. Location is incredible for the price. In management's defense they price it like its a 55-year-old, crumbling, neglected ski lodge that's on its last leg. There used to be a wraparound deck that went around the whole Snow Lake Lodge...they took it down about a decade ago...take that fact and make your own interpretations as to why!

I would recommend checking out The Lodge at Mount Snow, which is 50 feet above the Snow Lake Lodge. Much better place, imo, for the same price typically. Hot buffet breakfast in-season is the kicker.

If you're trying to make a good impression with family I wouldn't stay there. That's coming from a bare-bones lodging guy, who,to put that in perspective, means I haven't paid $100+ per night at a hotel in...in...I honestly don't know.

laxski

I hope Mt Snow is gonna be Late Season player now. With all this Snowmaking power you can lay down some serious base depths especially on the North Face and Ski well into May!!! A lot closer than Killington for most.

drjeff

Snowmaking plumes abound right now! Loving the West Lake firepower!!
0dcd254b65f39f560f89442c0c766890.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

Snowmaking plumes abound right now! Loving the West Lake firepower!!
0dcd254b65f39f560f89442c0c766890.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

It should be better than the wet slop they blew this morning. Started too early before the temps dropped enough it seemed. It was better after noon. Also hopefully they don't groom with a steam roller like everything seemed to be north of the bluebird lift today.

urungus

Ok, so what else do you guys want to know?

How will the Carinthia Base Lodge construction project affect parking capacity at Carinthia, and proximity of parking to Nitro Express lift? Both this year during construction, and next year after the new lodge opens? Thanks.

urungus

I hope Mt Snow is gonna be Late Season player now. With all this Snowmaking power you can lay down some serious base depths especially on the North Face and Ski well into May!!! A lot closer than Killington for most.

@MountSnow ... any comment on this? Will you be building up extra depth over the course of the year and/or running the new system in springtime to extend the season from when you would typically close in previous years?

laxski

@MountSnow ... any comment on this? Will you be building up extra depth over the course of the year and/or running the new system in springtime to extend the season from when you would typically close in previous years?
The Freefall and Plummet Late Season would be Awesome You have Great setup with the Summit lodge and outdoor deck for burgers and Beers or water between runs

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Whenever Mount Snow gets to mid-April it's a win. They don't have a great late season setup if you want to stockpile snow on the North Face. They'd have to run either detachable lift on the frontside for access and one of the triples on the North Face. That's a lot of $$$.

They had a good plan where they would knock down all the features and jumps on Carinthia and host late season skiing over there. That was smart.

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
How will the Carinthia Base Lodge construction project affect parking capacity at Carinthia, and proximity of parking to Nitro Express lift? Both this year during construction, and next year after the new lodge opens? Thanks.

This year will see quite a bit of reduced parking over at Carinthia as that will still be a construction site. This summer we will be installing a parking deck with parking on the main level and then on a subterrainian level for approx 700 cars, which should be a massive improvement. As for proximity to Nitro, you'll be a little further, but it will be worth it to have that sweet new lodge.

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Whenever Mount Snow gets to mid-April it's a win. They don't have a great late season setup if you want to stockpile snow on the North Face. They'd have to run either detachable lift on the frontside for access and one of the triples on the North Face. That's a lot of $$$.

They had a good plan where they would knock down all the features and jumps on Carinthia and host late season skiing over there. That was smart.

You nailed it. There's really no good way to ski the North Face late season as you have to run a lift on the front side as well. As for Carinthia, we do push all the jumps together in Inferno and then push them out on Memorial Day Weekend for Peace Pipe Jam (see it here https://vimeo.com/219562206)