Mount Snow: Inside Track - Page 34

AlpineZone

Page 34 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1209
  1. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Some nice low temps at night heading into the weekend. Assuming you would try and get some trails resurfaced by the weekend specifically?
    We've got a limited snowmaking window starting Thursday afternoon through Thursday night, and we're going to go for it. The plan is to go for a fan gun resurface and rebuild heading into the weekend on the following trails: Cascade, Canyon, Long John, Snowdance, N.E. Time, Ridge, Nitro, Launch Pad, Lower Exhibition, The Base Area, and Tubing. The thought is to put the greatest hits back together, while at the same time balancing our production with the fact that we don't yet know what this weekend will hold. Will we get snow, a wintery mix, the dreaded R word? Only time will tell, but we don't want to hammer it hard if it's just going to melt into the brook the next day.*

    Once we get a better run of temps, we'll evaluate a more comprehensive snowmaking program, but this should help us offer a better product for the coming weekend.*


  2. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by MountSnow View Post
    We've got a limited snowmaking window starting Thursday afternoon through Thursday night, and we're going to go for it. The plan is to go for a fan gun resurface and rebuild heading into the weekend on the following trails: Cascade, Canyon, Long John, Snowdance, N.E. Time, Ridge, Nitro, Launch Pad, Lower Exhibition, The Base Area, and Tubing. The thought is to put the greatest hits back together, while at the same time balancing our production with the fact that we don't yet know what this weekend will hold. Will we get snow, a wintery mix, the dreaded R word? Only time will tell, but we don't want to hammer it hard if it's just going to melt into the brook the next day.*

    Once we get a better run of temps, we'll evaluate a more comprehensive snowmaking program, but this should help us offer a better product for the coming weekend.*
    Awesome. Thanks for the info and response!

  3. #333
    Great to see you guys pushing it!!! Love it

    Sent from my LG-H820 using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

    www.skibigsquaw.com

  4. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Great to see you guys pushing it!!! Love it

    Sent from my LG-H820 using AlpineZone mobile app
    It's one of the nice things about having over 930 fixed position snowguns and fan guns. It makes it much easier for us to be able to fire up in these limited windows. This is especially true on a day like today when we are running fan guns only, as it means all we have to do is run water uphill, rather than water and air.

  5. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by MountSnow View Post
    It's one of the nice things about having over 930 fixed position snowguns and fan guns. It makes it much easier for us to be able to fire up in these limited windows. This is especially true on a day like today when we are running fan guns only, as it means all we have to do is run water uphill, rather than water and air.
    This I see as a major advantage, I love how u guys have the fixed fan guns all over. How much labor u must save too, do you just have to turn the fans on? Can 1 person basically take care of the whole run?

  6. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    This I see as a major advantage, I love how u guys have the fixed fan guns all over. How much labor u must save too, do you just have to turn the fans on? Can 1 person basically take care of the whole run?
    It really depends on the conditions, but as I type this we currently have one guy liting up the fan guns on Snowdance by himself.

  7. #337
    No commentary on the Blue Bird going down? I hope it is back in action quickly. Luckily a plethora of other lifts......
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

  8. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    No commentary on the Blue Bird going down? I hope it is back in action quickly. Luckily a plethora of other lifts......
    Up on their main webpage blog....

    http://www.mountsnow.com/bluebird-updates

    Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

    '19 - '20 season:

  9. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    No commentary on the Blue Bird going down? I hope it is back in action quickly. Luckily a plethora of other lifts......
    We posted it on our internal forum, our blog, and our social accounts. We figured that had it coverered. Didn't mean to leave you all out.

    We'll be running all updates through our blog and will be updating as we have additional information. http://www.mountsnow.com/bluebird-updates

  10. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by MountSnow View Post
    We'll be running all updates through our blog and will be updating as we have additional information. http://www.mountsnow.com/bluebird-updates
    That's pretty impressive transparency and always refreshing to see resorts share so many details like that. The photos of the damage are impressive as well.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:13 PM.