• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow: Inside Track

Jcb890

Do you know if the plan is to blow snow continually on Saturday and Sunday while the mountain is operating? If so, information on where would be great... I know it is still early, so we're eagerly awaiting the posting of your plans.

drjeff

Do you know if the plan is to blow snow continually on Saturday and Sunday while the mountain is operating? If so, information on where would be great... I know it is still early, so we're eagerly awaiting the posting of your plans.

My hunch is if mother nature cooperates with her timing and temps, as it appears now, come Saturday they'll be done with the resurfacing and onto expansion mode!

Me and my regular crew of ski buddies on the Bluebird on Sunday were placing our bets on how long we feel it will take, if the temps hold out for an extended period of time, for them to finish off all of their snowmaking terrain...

If next week is cold as their saying, I bet on the following weekend, the 16th/17th for finishing off the initial snowmaking run on all of their available snowmaking terrain.... Time will tell, and will show if I'm having apres beers bought for me or buying my ski buddies apres beers! :)

Newpylong

My hunch is if mother nature cooperates with her timing and temps, as it appears now, come Saturday they'll be done with the resurfacing and onto expansion mode!

Me and my regular crew of ski buddies on the Bluebird on Sunday were placing our bets on how long we feel it will take, if the temps hold out for an extended period of time, for them to finish off all of their snowmaking terrain...

If next week is cold as their saying, I bet on the following weekend, the 16th/17th for finishing off the initial snowmaking run on all of their available snowmaking terrain.... Time will tell, and will show if I'm having apres beers bought for me or buying my ski buddies apres beers! :)

10K K+ GPM is a lot of capacity but that's a lot of acreage. I don't think everything will be covered by then.

WJenness

Things sound like they should be shaping up nice for Founders Day next Tuesday.
Looking forward to it.

-w

slatham

10K K+ GPM is a lot of capacity but that's a lot of acreage. I don't think everything will be covered by then.

Given what they already have covered, and 10 days of good to excellent snowmaking conditions, I think they have a solid chance to finish up. Possible exception is the need to put so much snow on Ripcord.......

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

Ditto.

Lot's of long trails need to be covered. Mineshaft and Season's Pass in Carinthia. Thanks Walt in Sunbrook. South Bowl, Ego Alley, and Roller Coaster on the Main Face. Plummet, Ripcord, Fallen Timbers, and Cute on the North Face. And then short trails like Beartrap and Yard Sale.

That's a lot of trails. And they all need setup time since they're traditional air/water setups.

Newpylong

Needless to say even having the conversation is a testament to the new system. They would be looking at mid-January in past years for nearing full coverage, if not later. Very exciting.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Snow report says they'll resurface everything but Nitro, Lodge, and Inferno tonight. That's a massive amount of guns going if its's true...
Webcams show FreeFall getting some love from the guns. I need a place to ski Friday and if they don't groom it out they'd probably get my money.

Neither Okemo nor Stratton have snowmaking on their cams currently (2pm). Mount Snow has been going since late this morning and they're all the way down to the base already.

NYDB

Snow report says they'll resurface everything but Nitro, Lodge, and Inferno tonight. That's a massive amount of guns going if its's true...
Webcams show FreeFall getting some love from the guns. I need a place to ski Friday and if they don't groom it out they'd probably get my money.

Neither Okemo nor Stratton have snowmaking on their cams currently (2pm). Mount Snow has been going since late this morning and they're all the way down to the base already.

Stratton has had the guns on since 9am and right now looks like they have the whole skiers right of the mountain lit up. I'm sure Okemo ( and every other large resort) was doing the same.

I know this is a Mount Snow thread, but lets not get too fapping crazy

Morewood

Okemo is making snow at Jackson Gore on the upper trails.

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com

If it's true? Of course it's true. We're resurfacing on 17 trails tonight, and it's all thanks to this new snowmaking system.