Mount Snow: Inside Track - Page 55

AlpineZone

Page 55 of 140 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Anywayyyysssssss, riding the Bluebird right now and it looks and feels like February right now. Calling for a few inches tomorrow into Friday to touch things up for closing weekend. Really should open next weekend, just sayinggggggg

Sent from my LG-H820 using AlpineZone mobile app
    All good things must come to an end!

Quote Originally Posted by MountSnow View Post
    one more song! one more song!

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryIsaacs View Post
    Makes me think... whats the latest Mt. Snow has stayed open? This might be the year to break that record to put the icing on the cake of an unbelievable season
    The latest closing (not counting Fountain Mountain) we have on record is May 14th, which is a LONG way away with temps in the 40s and 50s forcasted to settle in this weekend.

My question would be how many people riding these days have season passes? If >50%, that's little money being made to pay workers, facilities, and energy. Also way less people coming up with spring sports started or the backyard effect.

I still ride, but only at mountains I have season passes at and I bring my lunch, that's zero money being made by the resort.

Quote Originally Posted by mtsnow123 View Post
    I still ride, but only at mountains I have season passes at and I bring my lunch, that's zero money being made by the resort.
    You're a paying customer, you just paid in advance.

When you have greater than 30 days at the mountain and have the 20s pass, I wouldn't say there's much to be made. Doing the math, it's $14/day equivalent.

Hey I'll tell ya what there's a good amount of people out here. Bluebird's had a couple minute wait all morning, but probably due to reduced running speed and carriers. Looks like there's only 50 chairs up for today and that wind is a howling so I see why.

2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by MountSnow View Post
    But one more weekend and we might actually get some real spring skiing in! Out of curiosity are there any other factors at play for closing date? I just can't imagine closing with this much snow still. I mean even the woods are in play.

2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Plenty of resorts have closed with lots of snow. In Vermont for example Stowe, Bolton, Magic, Stratton, MRG. I was at both Bolton and Stowe last weekend for their closing weekends. No patches of dirt to be found. Could be a little different based on the non-frozen this week, but another 4+ inches last night and another 4+ by Friday. Should make for some good pow turns Friday morning at Sugarbush. Buying the season pass for next season there allows unlimited spring skiing and they're usually open till May 6th or so.

I completely forgot Stowe closed last weekend. That's rather... shitty?
    They must have been at or close to 100% open still.

Thread Information