Mount Snow: Inside Track - Page 83

AlpineZone

Page 83 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 1223
  1. #821
    Newpylong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upper Valley, NH
    Posts
    3,009
    Keep those two old girls on the North Face going as long as possible, they are perfect!

  2. #822
    Quote Originally Posted by MountSnow View Post
    The biggest change will be that we're moving away from the North and South lines at The Bluebird, and instead running it with just a Northside line, just like we did at the end of the season last year.
    This is a good move. Less confusion for the line attendants. However, they will need to be more vigilant about monitoring the length of the singles line as it starts to spill out past the barn.

  3. #823
    Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    Keep those two old girls on the North Face going as long as possible, they are perfect!
    +1

  4. #824
    Quote Originally Posted by njdiver85 View Post
    This is a good move. Less confusion for the line attendants. However, they will need to be more vigilant about monitoring the length of the singles line as it starts to spill out past the barn.
    As someone in those single lines it is brutal when they have us pushed out passed the barn out into the bottom of Canyon, I just don't see it being a totally needed change. It really should not be that hard to accomplish pulling from two sides, but I know they tended to pull from the Grand Summit side. I mean at least with the heads up I know now to just always always always make that cut over up above tower 1 and come down on the last little part of Canyon, just a pain in the butt.
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

    www.skibigsquaw.com

  5. #825
    Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    As someone in those single lines it is brutal when they have us pushed out passed the barn out into the bottom of Canyon, I just don't see it being a totally needed change. It really should not be that hard to accomplish pulling from two sides, but I know they tended to pull from the Grand Summit side. I mean at least with the heads up I know now to just always always always make that cut over up above tower 1 and come down on the last little part of Canyon, just a pain in the butt.
    I'm guessing the singles queue lanes will start at 4 wide, and then maybe get to 8 wide if the volume demand is there, and the main queue lanes will occupy the majority of the remainder of the space out towards the Waffle Cabin with a 1 lane wide pass through to get from the Grand Summit side over to the Bluebird queue lanes and vice versa. With the single lanes on the side closest to the lodge like they were when this configuration was used at the end of last season, that also helps prevent people ducking the queue lane ropes to get across to the main queue lanes.

    I'll be curious to see how this works out mid season for sure, let alone early season before enough base snow is down to make the entire queue area relatively level verses the slope towards the main lodge that it is before a few FEET of snow are down there to level things out
    Last edited by drjeff; Oct 4, 2018 at 7:14 AM.
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

    '19 - '20 season:

  6. #826
    That's a lot of people to people to put into a single section on the "north side". I would presume the whole coral would have to shift south to avoid the lines backing into the Canyon lift coral. Devil is in the details.

    I for one see no issue, when coming from the Tumbleweed/Sundance lift area, to cut over to the North side of Bluebird. A bit more of a walk from Grand Summit, but I guess if you want to ride the BB vs the GS Express that badly you're just gonna have to stop your crying and walk a couple hundred feet.....

    But again I think the main issue will be the volume of people in the area between BB and Canyon. And how scraped off that last section will be.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

  7. #827
    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    That's a lot of people to people to put into a single section on the "north side". I would presume the whole coral would have to shift south to avoid the lines backing into the Canyon lift coral. Devil is in the details.

    I for one see no issue, when coming from the Tumbleweed/Sundance lift area, to cut over to the North side of Bluebird. A bit more of a walk from Grand Summit, but I guess if you want to ride the BB vs the GS Express that badly you're just gonna have to stop your crying and walk a couple hundred feet.....

    But again I think the main issue will be the volume of people in the area between BB and Canyon. And how scraped off that last section will be.
    That's my real issue, if you're pushing a midseason crowd all to the Northside there must be a plan to shift things around. Surely as much as I don't like feeling like a bowling pin sitting out there in the middle of the bottom of Canyon, I'm sure staff don't want that either.

    Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

    www.skibigsquaw.com

  8. #828
    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    That's a lot of people to people to put into a single section on the "north side". I would presume the whole coral would have to shift south to avoid the lines backing into the Canyon lift coral. Devil is in the details.

    I for one see no issue, when coming from the Tumbleweed/Sundance lift area, to cut over to the North side of Bluebird. A bit more of a walk from Grand Summit, but I guess if you want to ride the BB vs the GS Express that badly you're just gonna have to stop your crying and walk a couple hundred feet.....

    But again I think the main issue will be the volume of people in the area between BB and Canyon. And how scraped off that last section will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    That's my real issue, if you're pushing a midseason crowd all to the Northside there must be a plan to shift things around. Surely as much as I don't like feeling like a bowling pin sitting out there in the middle of the bottom of Canyon, I'm sure staff don't want that either.

    Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    Logistically, last year late season when they went with this proposed, Northside only queue lanes, the way they had the lanes set up, and with how long each lane was, they were pretty darn close to the combined length of the North and South side queue lanes, with the singles lane just before it merged with the main queue lane for final pairing before loading not very far away from where the tower mounted fan gun at the corner of the bottom of Exhibition is, so the length of queue lane for the single line was roughly twice as long as when they had separate North and South side singles lanes, which is where the extension in crowded times out towards the queue for Canyon Quad on the Northside and the queue for the Grand Summit on the Southside were..

    Now if the mountain could just get it through some peoples heads that just because you go into the singles queue in a group of 2 or 3 or more sometimes, doesn't mean that you're going to get to ride on the same chair with everyone in their party, that would be great! If folks want to assure that they're riding with someone, use the regular queue lane, not the singles lane, as very often there's not much difference time wise for the line wait
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

    '19 - '20 season:

  9. #829
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Any new shiny red groomer purchases this year? I know that 3 of them arrived prior to/during last season, just curious if any more of the fleet will be replaced this year?
    That means they would have to pay their bills on time. Heard from a very reliable sauce that kitty cat company came in and almost repossessed all of them a few years back. No payment no toy.


  10. #830
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,854
    Quote Originally Posted by FBGM View Post
    That means they would have to pay their bills on time. Heard from a very reliable sauce that kitty cat company came in and almost repossessed all of them a few years back. No payment no toy.
    EB-5 helped to avoid that?
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:46 PM.