Mount Snow: Inside Track - Page 119

AlpineZone

Page 119 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1223
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Lots of sections of welded Snowmaking pipe showed up this past week staged along the bottom of Olympic.... Replacing existing pipe on the Northface? Maybe adding snowmaking to Olympic?? Time will tell I guess.....
    Saw that piping yesterday and was wondering if I just never noticed it before (covered by snow) or if it was new....lol!

This Sunday, April 14th, will be the final day of operations at Mount Snow for the 2018/2019 season.

Please join us in sending off another great season at Mount Snow, during our final Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Sunday will also feature our Golden Egg Hunt, with eggs hidden all across the mountain, including a golden egg that's good for a 2019/2020 Peak Pass.

Thought you guys were going for the 21st? Kinda cheesy to have an easter egg hunt the week before easter! Mt Snow had a lot of hype after last year and did not seem to live up to it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    Thought you guys were going for the 21st? Kinda cheesy to have an easter egg hunt the week before easter! Mt Snow had a lot of hype after last year and did not seem to live up to it this year.
    Well I was just at ski Cooper this past Saturday and they were having their Eastr Egg hunt, so it appears to be a nice family fun event no matter what time of the year. The closing date is either second or third weekend typically, and is on par with Stratton and Okemo. Bromley is closed.
    Business is business.
    Snowflakes matter

Totally agree with you about the hype, they started out the gate hot and then kept it up throughout most of the season with ridiculous crowds, but here at the end they are really crashing. They ended daily ops before Stratton and Okemo and now the closing date has been finalized a week earlier than hoped. Very surprised and disappointed overall left hoping this is not the start of the end with them closing early every year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Totally agree with you about the hype, they started out the gate hot and then kept it up throughout most of the season with ridiculous crowds, but here at the end they are really crashing. They ended daily ops before Stratton and Okemo and now the closing date has been finalized a week earlier than hoped. Very surprised and disappointed overall left hoping this is not the start of the end with them closing early every year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Peaks can't afford a new chair at Attitash so why would they stay open at Snow and lose more money?
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Whether it's related to the closing date this weekend or not, mtn ops did over the last day or 2 pull the new snowmaking water line for Freefall into place, not sure if other off season projects where dragging things over the snow vs the ground played into the decision of the hard closing date this coming weekend or not?

Hopefully after their (Peaks) next quarterly investors news conference in about a week or so if I recall correctly, we'll here what off season improvements will be coming up for all of their resorts this Summer.

I will admit that I was hoping for some Easter turns at my home hill, and was expecting that the folks at Mount Snow would be keeping me in suspense about if they would of been happening or not until the middle of next week
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Anybody need a free ticket for this weekend? A friend had his season wiped out due to an illness. Luckily only 1 ticket left on his 2 4 packs.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Whether it's related to the closing date this weekend or not, mtn ops did over the last day or 2 pull the new snowmaking water line for Freefall into place, not sure if other off season projects where dragging things over the snow vs the ground played into the decision of the hard closing date this coming weekend or not?

Hopefully after their (Peaks) next quarterly investors news conference in about a week or so if I recall correctly, we'll here what off season improvements will be coming up for all of their resorts this Summer.

I will admit that I was hoping for some Easter turns at my home hill, and was expecting that the folks at Mount Snow would be keeping me in suspense about if they would of been happening or not until the middle of next week
    So lack of snow isnt the reason for closing? Looks to be a bit on the chilly side next week so if they have the snow now I would think it could make it to next weekend.

Not for nothing but the GFS weather model shows 3-4+" of rain - and no snow - between now and Friday morning April 19th. Temps get as high as the 60's and pretty much don't go below freezing for more than a few fleeting hours. What you see now is not what you'll get in 9 days time.....

FWIW I don't think the kiddieo's are going to complain that the Easter Egg Hunt is not on Easter.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Thread Information