Mount Snow: Inside Track - Page 151

AlpineZone

Page 151 of 160 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1598
    Has the feeling that most people know they are on the way out so there is not too much incentive

2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Mountain didn't ski half bad this weekend and I was happy with the lack of crowds. Maybe the forecast of mixed precip kept people away. I skied a few hours midday right up until the time I started getting really glazed like a donut with ice, and then a couple more hours on Sunday morning off the fixed grip lifts while they got the detachables de-iced. I think they had everything running by mid-morning.

Snow report today said they were making snow, so that's a positive.
    "Skiing's the easy part, Karl."

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Has the feeling that most people know they are on the way out so there is not too much incentive
    Oh Iím sure thatís the attitude around there. The employee and manager base at Mount Snow was very sub par to begin with. The marginal half competent staff left has now seen 2 rounds of cuts. Iím sure they know time could be limited. Donít blame them really. No reason to care or put in effort when youíre gonna get fired in a few months.

Vail really bought themselves a pile of shit that they are going to need to turn around before next winter. Luckily nothing happens in summer there and they can run a super lean crew while replacing the key people needed.

My question to the poor suckers who still ski there on the reg - how bad is it? How much of a noticeable difference in attitudes and work ethic? Has the time come yet where the plug has been pulled on money getting thrown at dumb stuff? Itís been a sub par winter for snow and revenue - I feel like snowmaking has to be about wrapped up. I canít see Vail throwing any money at parks for rest of the year. Just grind it all out till the end. Iíd assume they shut down earlier then normal? First week April?

Quote Originally Posted by FBGM View Post
    Oh Iím sure thatís the attitude around there. The employee and manager base at Mount Snow was very sub par to begin with. The marginal half competent staff left has now seen 2 rounds of cuts. Iím sure they know time could be limited. Donít blame them really. No reason to care or put in effort when youíre gonna get fired in a few months.

Vail really bought themselves a pile of shit that they are going to need to turn around before next winter. Luckily nothing happens in summer there and they can run a super lean crew while replacing the key people needed.

My question to the poor suckers who still ski there on the reg - how bad is it? How much of a noticeable difference in attitudes and work ethic? Has the time come yet where the plug has been pulled on money getting thrown at dumb stuff? Itís been a sub par winter for snow and revenue - I feel like snowmaking has to be about wrapped up. I canít see Vail throwing any money at parks for rest of the year. Just grind it all out till the end. Iíd assume they shut down earlier then normal? First week April?
    When is the last time you've skied there? Has to be recent and frequent to have the level of knowledge you claim to have about their staff and operations.

You've had sand in your vagina over the place since day one of you signing up for this forum. It's oddly obsessive and juvenile to virtually anyone that reads your drivel, but I'm more curious about your personal experience.

What say you Sandy V?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

They might shut down first week of April unless the snowfall picks up. I'm just hoping NoVT holds up for end of March into April... got a week booked up in Stowe.
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Magic [3/1, 3/8]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Pico [2/23]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

Quote Originally Posted by FBGM View Post
    Oh I’m sure that’s the attitude around there. The employee and manager base at Mount Snow was very sub par to begin with. The marginal half competent staff left has now seen 2 rounds of cuts. I’m sure they know time could be limited. Don’t blame them really. No reason to care or put in effort when you’re gonna get fired in a few months.

My question to the poor suckers who still ski there on the reg - how bad is it? How much of a noticeable difference in attitudes and work ethic? Has the time come yet where the plug has been pulled on money getting thrown at dumb stuff? It’s been a sub par winter for snow and revenue - I feel like snowmaking has to be about wrapped up. I can’t see Vail throwing any money at parks for rest of the year. Just grind it all out till the end. I’d assume they shut down earlier then normal? First week April?
    Everyone should watch this quick video/song and read FBGM's posts at the same time.

2019-2020 59 days and holding...
    Thunder Ridge: 12/7, 12/8, 12/21, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/31, 1/4, 1/5, 1/11, 1/17, 1/18, 1/19, 1/26, 2/1, 2/2, 2/8, 2/9, 2/15, 2/16, 2/20, 2/21, 2/22, 2/23, 3/7, 3/8
    Killington: 11/15, 12/16, 12/17, 12/18, 12/19, 12/20, 12/23, 1/3, 1/30, 1/31, 2/13, 2/27, 3/12
    Mount Snow: 11/27, 12/2, 12/24 Sunday River: 1/8, 1/9, 1/10 Greek Peak: 1/13, 1/14 Jiminy Peak: 12/6 Catamount: 12/13, 3/5 Pico: 12/19, 2/28 Mohawk: 12/27 Burke: 1/1 Ragged: 1/2 Wildcat: 1/6 Cannon: 1/7 Jay Peak: 1/23 Mad River Glen: 1/24 Magic: 2/14
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Their V.P. of Projects (someone he frequently discussed) left for Boyne, so there's one less thing to have to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    Their V.P. of Projects (someone he frequently discussed) left for Boyne, so there's one less thing to have to listen to.
    Surprised his head fit through a door for an interview. He was gonna get fired at season end - he knew it. Useless position.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    When is the last time you've skied there? Has to be recent and frequent to have the level of knowledge you claim to have about their staff and operations.

You've had sand in your vagina over the place since day one of you signing up for this forum. It's oddly obsessive and juvenile to virtually anyone that reads your drivel, but I'm more curious about your personal experience.

What say you Sandy V?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    bump

care to respond???

Who cares what his response is, he's just a troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by spring_mountain_high View Post
    bump

care to respond???
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using AlpineZone mobile app
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Thread Information