Mount Snow: Inside Track - Page 102

AlpineZone

Page 102 of 123 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1223
    Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    What is up with running both Canyon and GSE? $$$
    Logistically it's much easier for us to run the two lifts, with one for uploading and one for downloading. Trying to do both on the same lift really impacts the efficiency, operations, and overall guest exerience. Worth it for us to run both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Ehh I got two days out, they got good press out of it going into the ski shows, so not a waste. Looking ahead starting Saturday night they should be able to lay down a lot of snow and get a lot of terrain open.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    Not to mention the fact that we got to add in two bonus profitable weekends that we weren't even counting on having.

Quote Originally Posted by MountSnow View Post
    Not to mention the fact that we got to add in two bonus profitable weekends that we weren't even counting on having.
    That's awesome, hopefully that encourages you guys to keep up the early season push in years to come!

2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    That's awesome, hopefully that encourages you guys to keep up the early season push in years to come!

As we finished our $30M snowmaking upgrade last season, we came out and said that our plan is always to be a major player in the early season. We'll leave May and June up to the guys up North though. Wildcat is prime for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by MountSnow View Post
    We'll leave May and June up to the guys up North though. Wildcat is prime for that game.
    This may be a Mt Snow thread but this comment is too intriguing to remain idle. Are you stating there will be a concerted effort to go deeper into May by wildcat?

It is good to hear the early season weekends are profitable. Count me as part of the group that buys peak passes and steers our several thousand dollar family ski budget to peak because wildcat gets open early season. We would probably get cannon passes if wildcat did not compete early season; now if wildcat also competed late season they would get all those nh and maine dollars normally earmarked for killington.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
    This may be a Mt Snow thread but this comment is too intriguing to remain idle. Are you stating there will be a concerted effort to go deeper into May by wildcat?

It is good to hear the early season weekends are profitable. Count me as part of the group that buys peak passes and steers our several thousand dollar family ski budget to peak because wildcat gets open early season. We would probably get cannon passes if wildcat did not compete early season; now if wildcat also competed late season they would get all those nh and maine dollars normally earmarked for killington.
    Killington will always have the best late season setup, hands down. Given its location, accessibility, party scene, reputation, and the north-facing exposure of Superstar no other mountain could come close to what Killington offers.
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Killington will always have the best late season setup, hands down. Given its location, accessibility, party scene, reputation, and the north-facing exposure of Superstar no other mountain could come close to what Killington offers.
    Would be cool if Mt Snow used their new system to build up a Superstar style glacier on north-facing Freefall and give Killington some springtime competition. It would cut the drive time for me in half, and Im confident I would be able to find some partiers at Cuzzins. Doesnt sound like its going to happen though.

167CA967-3A3C-4E18-B83C-F8EB299DF928.jpg

Not sure there will be anything left after today’s r**n, but then things are starting to look very good

Quote Originally Posted by thebigo View Post

We're not going to comment for Wildcat, but they are best set up of all of the Peak Resorts to run into the late season. As for early season, we'll still battle for them for Peak Resorts' First Open honors, but their location gives them an advantage for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    Would be cool if Mt Snow used their new system to build up a Superstar style glacier on north-facing Freefall and give Killington some springtime competition. It would cut the drive time for me in half, and I’m confident I would be able to find some partiers at Cuzzins. Doesn’t sound like it’s going to happen though.
    But then you'd have to run one of the main face lifts to get there...that's a lot of $$$. And you lose the tailgate scene Killington has. I also don't think Freefall is wide enough for a Superstar-esque "spine" of snow.
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Thread Information