Mount Snow: Inside Track - Page 116

AlpineZone

Page 116 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1223
    Too many natural features to make Lift Lion a groomer ie an unrealistic amount of snow would need to be made. But the snowmaking is functional.

Restoring snowmaking on Upper Wildcat might be a better option as it's more mellow.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    As a 45 year old who doesn't have unlimited disposable income, I really appreciate the ability to access passes for my family of four. My 10/12 year olds love to ski at Snow and before the Peaks pass we were unable to ski more than a day or two. Yes the crowds suck on a Saturday but they do most places in Vermont.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I have been to most of the mountains in VT on a saturday and snow has the worse crowds. With the cheap pass prices and it being the first decent mountain coming up from NYC/CT it always will be. The only way to change that is to raise prices or expand.

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    Too many natural features to make Lift Lion a groomer ie an unrealistic amount of snow would need to be made. But the snowmaking is functional.

Restoring snowmaking on Upper Wildcat might be a better option as it's more mellow.
    I respectfully disagree. They'd have to remove the old gondola footings, but from the ladies T down would not be bad. Even getting a groomer track wide entrance from the top on skiers left wouldn't be a massive endeavor. There are tons of snowmaking trails in New England that require far more snow to open than Lift Lion.

And Upper Wildcat skis beautifully as a natural snow trail. You would anger far more clientele blowing snow on it than you would Lift Lion. It's also about five times the acreage and would require much more snow to open overall.

I know you work in the business and have great knowledge of operations, but my views come from being a Cat regular who has about 100 days there in the past five years. These are the snow conditions observations and conversations I'm having with Cat regulars every day on the lifts and in the lodge. The top trails I hear wishes for snowmaking on are Lift Lion and Schuss so it lasts further in the spring. Hardly ever hear calls for snowmaking on Upper Wildcat.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

I can respect all opinions, obviously - I haven't even been to Wildcat in the past 5 years, and before that, twice a year maybe? And that's formerly in the business too

I just don't see them grooming LL, even with snowmaking. It could be like Organgrinder, but would need some work. But considering they don't currently really make snow on any black terrain albeit the random Black Cat/Starr Line if allows, if I was a Wildcat regular I would be screaming to get a base on something and have them leave her alone for bumps. LL would be killer...

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    I can respect all opinions, obviously - I haven't even been to Wildcat in the past 5 years, and before that, twice a year maybe? And that's formerly in the business too

I just don't see them grooming LL, even with snowmaking. It could be like Organgrinder, but would need some work. But considering they don't currently really make snow on any black terrain albeit the random Black Cat/Starr Line if allows, if I was a Wildcat regular I would be screaming to get a base on something and have them leave her alone for bumps. LL would be killer...
    The challenge with LL as a bump run is for whatever reason it gets totally wind blasted. You can have perfect packed powder bumps on Topcat next door, but LL is a wind scoured mess.

I do agree on having a bump run with snowmaking base. That's what I'd hope for with Schuss. It would be awesome in spring as it gets sun in the morning. But as an all natural snow trail, that sun melts it out and it's often closed before spring break season gets going.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Woah forgot about this thread. I thought the place just closed or something.

Quote Originally Posted by FBGM View Post
    Woah forgot about this thread. I thought the place just closed or something.
    We need it to stay open. It is the Vermont skiing version of the sink drain strainer.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

CLOSING DAY ANNOUNCEMENT:

Mount Snow will be open through this Sunday, April 7th. We will then be closed Monday-Thursday, before reopening on Friday for our closing weekend of April 12-14th.

The post they put up on their FB page says that reopening for Easter Weekend if mother nature cooperates is a possibility as well....
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Seems earlier than last year, no?

Thread Information