• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow: Inside Track

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Question: Has the old trail to the skiers right of south-bowl that I presume was some "natural give back area" for other mountain projects been fully "restored" thus allowing the ropes to be dropped?

Cant say i've ever seen that area rope-free before.

The rope was there to give the trees a fighting chance to entablish themselves. Now that they have a few years of growth it is treated just like any of the rest of the Forest Service land we operate on. Note: We do not maintain that area.

jm99

The rope was there to give the trees a fighting chance to entablish themselves. Now that they have a few years of growth it is treated just like any of the rest of the Forest Service land we operate on. Note: We do not maintain that area.

I was wondering what the deal is with that area, I dipped in there for the first time last week because I saw no rope and it was a nice little spot... kinda felt like skiing through a christmas tree farm.

South Bowl trees.jpg

Newpylong

That acreage along with Upper Overbrook was traded/given back to nature in the 90s when they widened Standard/Canyon when the quad went in.

GregoryIsaacs

As I look out my window at 12pm, Mt snow has turned on what looks like top to bottom snowmaking. Looks like it got colder earlier than expected! Great job!

drjeff

Much better this morning!! Snowmaking trails under the almost 300 guns running are smooth and creamy. The terrain that hasn't had a resurface yet is machine groomed loose granular with some firm spots, but WAY better than yesterday

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Pez

How’s the season been so far at Snow? Haven’t been able to ski yet but that should change in a couple weeks.

Hey Mount Snow just saw the rate hike for the Sunday afternoon ticket. Kinda bummed. Still a good deal but would have been better 10 bucks cheaper like the last couple years!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

While the snow today was great, there was some sad news in the Mount Snow region today. Around midnight last night, a fire broke out at one of the Valley's most well known restaurants, Dot's of Dover, and as you can see from my pictures, it's a total loss. Betsy, the owner, was one of the true figureheads that helped the community come back after the devasting floods of Tropical Storm Irene in late August of 2011. I'm sure the community will band together and help her through this devasting time!!

It's actually the 2nd major fire in the Valley this weekend, as a townhome in the Greenspring development, across route 100 from the mountain, was totalled by a fire. Fortunately everyone in the 3 families who were staying in it got out safelyView attachment 24490IMG_20190120_151849729.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

That's tough to see. Right in the middle of their busy season as well. I hope they can rebuild.

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
MountSnow_FB.jpg
Passes now on sale for the 2019/2020 season at www.peakpass.com

Quick takeaways:

–Prices are the same as last year's, through the first deadline of April 30th

–The Payment Plan is back.
––$99 down now, then just four easy payments on the 15th of every month, starting on May 15, 2019.

–Discount Dining Cards are back

–Pass Protection is back

–Ski free all Spring 2019

skiur

You guys need to raise your prices, I could not deal with the crowds at Mt Snow on the weekends.

Jcb890

You guys need to raise your prices, I could not deal with the crowds at Mt Snow on the weekends.
Not trying to stick up for Mt. Snow or anything on this point because I also hate the crowds... but, where exactly isn't crowded on weekends? All of the big/popular mountains in Southern/middle of VT and NH are - Stratton, Okemo, Killington, Loon - and they're all on more expensive passes.

When I go (weekends usually), I see an awful lot of day tickets most times. I wonder what the ratio is with season passes vs. day tickets.

I disagree. Keep the prices the same and expand into sunbrook and beyond!
That would be great. Also, bring over Hermitage Club's HS6 because the Sunbrook Quad is brutal! Fun terrain over there though, too bad not much vert.

skiur

Not trying to stick up for Mt. Snow or anything on this point because I also hate the crowds... but, where exactly isn't crowded on weekends? All of the big/popular mountains in Southern/middle of VT and NH are - Stratton, Okemo, Killington, Loon - and they're all on more expensive passes.

When I go (weekends usually), I see an awful lot of day tickets most times. I wonder what the ratio is with season passes vs. day tickets.

That would be great. Also, bring over Hermitage Club's HS6 because the Sunbrook Quad is brutal! Fun terrain over there though, too bad not much vert.

I ski Killington almost every weekend and it isn't crowded like snow gets, I got to snow a few days this year for the first time since the ASC days and snow is more crowded then it was then while K is less crowded. K handles a crowd much better, I don't hate mt snow as it can be fun but I would only go back on a weekday. If they were able to expand that would certainly help.

pauldotcom

Leave pass prices the same for adults; just stop giving such huge discounts to 20-29 year olds. They ski cheaper than my 14 year old!